Why is it that so many people have so many little glitches on their OS installs and some, like myself, have almost none?

Are they doing something wrong?

I have done install after install after install and have had very few glitches. I am new to the BB world (Storm being my 1st BB) but am pretty computer savvy. Does this have something to do with it?

Since my 1st install/upgrade to .148, I have never had any problems and I have upgraded/downgraded about 20 times since I've had my phone.

I see a lot of post with people having all kinds of problems when they install a new OS and just wondered with this is attributed to?
    09-22-09 12:24 PM
    Why is it that so many people have so many little glitches on their OS installs and some, like myself, have almost none?

Are they doing something wrong?

I have done install after install after install and have had very few glitches. I am new to the BB world (Storm being my 1st BB) but am pretty computer savvy. Does this have something to do with it?

Since my 1st install/upgrade to .148, I have never had any problems and I have upgraded/downgraded about 20 times since I've had my phone.

I see a lot of post with people having all kinds of problems when they install a new OS and just wondered with this is attributed to?
    Well with just hitting the 1.5 million members mark here on Crackberry a few people are gonna have problems. The issue is that installations go wrong very often. Sometimes it is our fault and sometimes it is the PC's fault. It is hard to avoid and I know I have screwed up a few times. As long as you take your time and do everything correctly you should have no problems

Think of it like a car... A lot of people have car trouble simply because it was built wrong or because something was messed up, others never have car trouble because of the way it was built. If these people took the time to do a clean and fresh install of their OS I'm sure they would run into little/no problems.
    09-22-09 12:52 PM
    I can tell you this. It's not always user error.

I too have done many installs. Regular OS, hybrids, downgrades. Then for some reason unknown to be about 3 weeks ago I got an error message. I had a blank white screen and I was bricked.

I didn't do anything different, I was installing a hybrid.

I followed the directions and unbricked my Storm easy enough. Tried the install again and it bricked.

Third time was a charm however, no problems, and since then I've upgraded 2 hybrids, upgraded to .230, and downgraded back to another hybrid. No problem.

I think the majority of times it is user error. They don't read all the instructions, then they fail to back up and then you see the HELP!! thrad.
    09-22-09 12:54 PM
    I don't think many new members follow the latest posts as the leaks roll out and are not aware of known issues before they go ahead and upgrade. Many issues i've seen recently that new members are having are very simple compatibility issues between OS's and apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD