When I try to play a music file or video, I get the "Previous, Pause, Stop, and Next Song" Buttons but it's missing the slider bar for fast forward further in the song/video (or reverse back to previous portion of song/video).

Sometimes, if I randomly double tap on the screen, it'll come up.

I've rebooted with a battery pull as well.

Is this happening to anyone else? Really frustrating! Or am I doing something wrong?
    11-21-08 06:57 PM
    yup im having the same problem hope the patch they plan to release fixes it
    11-22-08 02:32 PM
    another problem im having is youtube says i either have javascript turned off or an old version of adobes flash player
    11-22-08 02:36 PM
    Doesn't do Flash (well documented).
    11-22-08 02:38 PM
    You can change the sensitivity settings in Options->Screen/Keyboard.

You don't need to double tap, tap (quick) and wait, it'll come up.
    11-22-08 02:39 PM
    go to m.youtube.com if you want to watch videos.

another problem im having is youtube says i either have javascript turned off or an old version of adobes flash player
    11-22-08 02:40 PM
    go to m.youtube.com if you want to watch videos.
    make sure you are on blackberry, not IE or firefox...that helped me
    11-22-08 02:42 PM
    When I try to play a music file or video, I get the "Previous, Pause, Stop, and Next Song" Buttons but it's missing the slider bar for fast forward further in the song/video (or reverse back to previous portion of song/video).

Sometimes, if I randomly double tap on the screen, it'll come up.

I've rebooted with a battery pull as well.

Is this happening to anyone else? Really frustrating! Or am I doing something wrong?

I had the same issue. Found the solution in another forum. It's not as complicated as it might look:

When you have the music player open, you will see a row of 4 buttons on the bottom.

Left - Go back to start of song or to previous song
    Left middle - Play/pause
    Right middle - Stop
    Right - Go forward one song

If you want to fast forward or rewind within the same song, then

1. Touch (don't click) the screen above this row of buttons. A new bar should appear that on the left will show you elapsed time in the song and on the right will show the length of the song.

2. Touch the bar itself, the bar will now be selected

3. Then you can CLICK on the bar.

4. Once clicked, you then select the new area on the bar to fast forward or rewind to , and CLICK there to rewind for FF.
    11-25-08 07:55 AM
    I had the same issue. Found the solution in another forum. It's not as complicated as it might look:

When you have the music player open, you will see a row of 4 buttons on the bottom.

Left - Go back to start of song or to previous song
    Left middle - Play/pause
    Right middle - Stop
    Right - Go forward one song

If you want to fast forward or rewind within the same song, then

1. Touch (don't click) the screen above this row of buttons. A new bar should appear that on the left will show you elapsed time in the song and on the right will show the length of the song.

2. Touch the bar itself, the bar will now be selected

3. Then you can CLICK on the bar.

4. Once clicked, you then select the new area on the bar to fast forward or rewind to , and CLICK there to rewind for FF.
    Great info! I think a lot of people are waiting for this information. I can't help but think that it seems somewhat tedious. Why have another "bar" just for FF/REW? With a device in its infancy like the storm and obvious software lag for many users, its hard to understand why they would opt for such a multi-step process for something so basic as part of music player.
    Why not just hover/hold/click over the LEFT or RIGHT icons for FF and REW. Maybe its "TOO" simple.
    11-25-08 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD