First off, I'm running on BIS and using gmail. I just upgraded my phone to the latest 5.0 software yesterday and love it. My phone is not having any problems receiving e-mail and it sends e-mail to people in my contact list or people who have e-mailed me first. The problem is when I try to compose a new e-mail message and manually input an address that in not in my inbox or contact list. When I do this I don't get the send option. I have deleted and reinstalled my e-mail account. I have done about 20 battery pulls and resent the service books by the host routing table. I'm stumpped. What do you think?
    10-29-09 09:27 PM
    After searching, I found that people either have problems sending and receiving e-mail all together, or they have problems sending e-mail to people on their contact list? Any suggestions?
    10-30-09 06:31 AM
    I have the same issue- if the person isn't in my contacts I don't have the send option until I add to contacts-

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 08:56 PM
    While in the body of the message you are writing to the person, try to press the BB menu button 2 times in a row, and see if the message will then send.
    10-30-09 08:58 PM
    Nope not an option at the top of the screen or via BB button. Like magic it appears both places thou after you add to contacts. When I double BB button I get the save discard cancel menu.

10-30-09 09:33 PM
    Cancel that- no message it just saves it as a draft-

10-30-09 09:35 PM
    Add me to this list. I was trying to send a message so that they would have my email addy and looked real dumb. Now how long until this is fixed?
    10-31-09 07:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD