So after I upgraded to .132 and my phone reset my phone showed that I had 3 new e-mail messages and one new text. I opened the text and it was fine and the notification went away. Then I opened e-mail and there was only 1 new e-mail and not 3 like it said. So I read that e-mail then the notification went to 2. I deleted all e-mails on phone and pulled battery for a fresh reboot. After all of that it still shows that I have two new e-mails but in fact I don't have any on my phone at all! Any suggestions?
    04-27-09 08:17 PM
    Are you sure their emails? After an upgrade it sends you registration messages from Blackberry
    and Verizon if that is your carrier. They share the same notification icon so check your messages
    folder and see if that is it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 08:35 PM
    OK will do! I did also try deleting e-mail account but that didn't work either.
    04-27-09 08:38 PM
    So after I upgraded to .132 and my phone reset my phone showed that I had 3 new e-mail messages and one new text. I opened the text and it was fine and the notification went away. Then I opened e-mail and there was only 1 new e-mail and not 3 like it said. So I read that e-mail then the notification went to 2. I deleted all e-mails on phone and pulled battery for a fresh reboot. After all of that it still shows that I have two new e-mails but in fact I don't have any on my phone at all! Any suggestions?
    Mine does something very similar. Occasionally I will view unread emails and or texts and the notification stays on the screen. Also running 132.

04-27-09 08:43 PM
    Like I said. That is probably your problem right there. Let me know if it didn't work.

04-27-09 08:44 PM
    Just look in your messages folder and see if there is unopened items in there.

04-27-09 08:45 PM
    Mrfrosty91 you are the man! Went to the messages folder and there they were from Blackberry and verizon. Thanks a bunch
    04-27-09 09:08 PM
    Yes you will get these messages each time you upgrade your OS

04-27-09 09:12 PM
    I know I'm the man...j/k. Glad to help someone out. You will also get these messages whenever
    you resend your service books too.

04-27-09 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD