Hi,

I recently upgraded to .141 (offical Vodafone UK release)with my Storm and since then I have been having a problem when rebooting the system.

I am finding that after upgrading I am still having to reboot at least once a day which I dont have too much of a problem with that but over the last couple of days the system will not restart.
    When I reset using quick pull or doing a battery pull the system takes about 2 or 3 minutes to start and then once it looks like it is ready to roll the screen goes white with very small writing in the middle saying (i think, its very small) "No Free MS...." and then under that "Reset" It then resets its self.

This sometimes happens 10-15 times in a row before I can get it working again.

Has anyone had this before and if so how did you fix it.

During the couple of seconds between it starting up and resetting I had a look at the memory and it was running at around 30mb so should be fine.

Do you think this is something to so with the OS upgrade?
    Any help would be great as I do not really want to go back to .78 as it was so slow back then.
    06-05-09 05:38 AM
    I would look at trying .151 thats leaked, it's on here now. There is alot of information on here about .151 for the 9500.
    06-05-09 05:50 AM
    Hi,

I recently upgraded to .141 (offical Vodafone UK release)with my Storm and since then I have been having a problem when rebooting the system.

I am finding that after upgrading I am still having to reboot at least once a day which I dont have too much of a problem with that but over the last couple of days the system will not restart.
    When I reset using quick pull or doing a battery pull the system takes about 2 or 3 minutes to start and then once it looks like it is ready to roll the screen goes white with very small writing in the middle saying (i think, its very small) "No Free MS...." and then under that "Reset" It then resets its self.

This sometimes happens 10-15 times in a row before I can get it working again.

Has anyone had this before and if so how did you fix it.

During the couple of seconds between it starting up and resetting I had a look at the memory and it was running at around 30mb so should be fine.

Do you think this is something to so with the OS upgrade?
    Any help would be great as I do not really want to go back to .78 as it was so slow back then.

Yep I have had a nightmare with this exact problem. I believe it is caused by an app problem.

In my case the offending app was weatherbug. The fix is to actually wipe the device using JL_Cmdr remove WB first if you have it!

Then reload the OS I would suggest .151 as it is awesome, the best yet. Then you can reload your apps but this will fix your problem.

As a short term fix, when your device starts up and you see the security verify message, hold the off button (the red phone) and switch the handset off then on again this will stop the reboot issue.

Let me know how you get on?
    06-06-09 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD