Hey everyone,

I was recently given a verizon storm that has a broken Lcd. I replaced the screen/digitizer with one from cnn.cn

Before i replaced the lcd i could turn on the phone and still make calls via the voice dialing button.

Now when i try to turn it on with the battery in i get nothing. When i try with the power + battery i get nothing as well.

When i turn it on without the battery and plugged into the PC or the wall it turns on but the backlight does not come on and i can barely see the no battery icon.

i used to be able to turn it on without the battery and get it to boot up.

Im also not getting any charge indicator when the battery is in and plugged into the wall charger or the pc

Any ideas on how i can fix this?

I have already tried re flashing it but it looses the connection
    Last edited by kewlmonk; 08-20-09 at 10:46 AM.
    08-20-09 10:41 AM
    I think a lot of people here can help with tips and software related issues however your problem being a damaged LCD screen is hardware related. That's beyond your average users knowledge. My only suggestion would be to try another one. You first stated that the LCD was damaged but you replaced the screen digitizer. The digitizer is the glass and the LCD is the display below the glass.
    08-20-09 04:58 PM
    the lcd/glass/digitizer is all one unit when you buy the replacement
    08-21-09 10:05 AM
    i have the same problem with one i picked up used. i press really hard on the bottom half of the screen with my thumbs and make sure my left thumb is really close to where the USB connector is i could get it to light up, as soon as i let go nothing. i took the phone apart and put a piece of paper in there to appily pressure and it worked for a while but it crrapped again. now i have no backlight at all. im sure i've tracked it down to be in the circuit for the photo eye messing things up, one of the metal covers over the chip set on the board shorting something out or the LCD connector itself is worn out. no one seems to know anything about the internals of this phone. i also bought a brand new LCD/digitizer setup as well. i dunno what to do with the thing now but to sell it on ebay.
    10-27-09 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD