It would seem every time my BB Storm goes to sleep, and I pick it up to SMS txt someone because I received one it goes automatically back to suretype...

Even though I have changed it in screen/keyboard to be set to multitap it reverts itself back to suretype without me changing it...

I hate this suretype crap and it ticks me off... and I don't know why it reverts back to it.

Anyone else with this issue?

Also, when I go into SMS txt and choose lets say December 26, 2008 and hit delete prior it deletes EVERYTHING... all messages. Is that supposed to happen?
    Last edited by Dayclone; 12-26-08 at 11:02 AM.
    12-26-08 10:59 AM
    Goto your Options/ Screen Keyboard / scroll to portrait view keyboard and select multitap, save.

Or, you can goto Setup / Setup wizard / Navigation and Typing / scroll through a few of the screens until you get to select a keyboard.

Perhaps either of those two will help make your choice stick.
    12-26-08 11:27 AM
    It would seem every time my BB Storm goes to sleep, and I pick it up to SMS txt someone because I received one it goes automatically back to suretype...

Even though I have changed it in screen/keyboard to be set to multitap it reverts itself back to suretype without me changing it...

I hate this suretype crap and it ticks me off... and I don't know why it reverts back to it.

Anyone else with this issue?

Also, when I go into SMS txt and choose lets say December 26, 2008 and hit delete prior it deletes EVERYTHING... all messages. Is that supposed to happen?
    It deletes like all voicemails and emails too or just ALL of your SMS?....if it is just all of your SMS messages that would make sense considering everything is prior to dec 26th haha
    12-26-08 01:00 PM
    Goto your Options/ Screen Keyboard / scroll to portrait view keyboard and select multitap, save.

Or, you can goto Setup / Setup wizard / Navigation and Typing / scroll through a few of the screens until you get to select a keyboard.

Perhaps either of those two will help make your choice stick.
    I have the same problem/frustration and neither of those methods have worked for me.

In the Owners Manual it talks about changing the Options | Language | Input Language to Multitap, but that option isn't even there.
    12-26-08 02:09 PM
    The problem of the blackberry storm slipping back to Suretype even though Multitap is set as default appears to be a very common problem if one looks at the various relevant forums. Presumably it is a bug in the software, and one can only hope that blackberry techies are developing a fix for the next update.

It a a real bore, I agree
    02-17-09 04:52 PM
    Yesterday I asked for help on how to set multitap for SMS messaging since it was ignoring my setting in Screen/Keyboard Options. I was told that I needed to set it using the Blackberry key from within SMS. It worked. However, just recently I noticed it had reverted back to Suretype and I had to rest it again using the Blackberry key. Definitely a bug. Hopefully, they'll address it in the next OS. Anyone here who has one of the latest betas who can comment on how this is being addressed?
    Radu
    02-17-09 05:36 PM
    The problem with the Storm slipping into Suretype mode even though Multitap is set as default is well known among users. How does one find out if the Blackberry techies are aware of the problem and working on finding a fix?
    02-18-09 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD