Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum so apologies if this is posted in the wrong area.

I'm having a problem finding and opening 3rd party apps that I 've downloaded to the phone and its driving me nuts. I have read and searched all I can and what I've come up with is apparently there is supposed to be a download folder where apps you download go into and you can do what you wish with them from there. Problem is, I've gone through this entire phone numerous times and there is no download folder anywhere. Do you create this on your own or should it be preinstalled?

Whats confusing me is the apps do not show up in the application center either. But they are listed if I go into advanced options-->applications, but you can't open them or move them from there. I'm I just missing something here, it seems like downloading an app. and opening it should not be this difficult. oh and I'm still using .75 if that would make a difference
    02-20-09 11:12 AM
    The downloads folder is probably hidden.
    BB Button - Show All
    02-20-09 11:16 AM
    All my storms (new) came with a download folder so, just like paulmike3 said...it must be hidden or it was deleted somehow or the download folder was moved to another folder. I know 3rd party app can cause trouble from time to time but, i never heard of them wiping out a folder...(still possible). Anyways, try downloading something small that's NOT a 3rd party app and set up the location on where your downloads go. Trial and error. Good luck.
    02-20-09 11:23 AM
    Are you a BES user?
    02-21-09 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD