I work in a machine shop that does not have signal. Whenever I am in the machine shop I seem to lose my ability to transfer data until I turn off my radio and turn it back on. Sometimes I even lose the ability to receive MMS/SMS and phone calls. It is really annoying... I will be driving home from work and I have 4/5 bars but when I try to use the internet it just says "requesting" forever. I turn off the radio and turn it back on and I get internet as well as a ton of missed phone calls / emails / and SMS.
    04-18-09 09:47 PM
    Either location issue or hardware. Call your carrier, explain what's going on and they'll come out to test the network. I'd they want you to get a fru, insist on not getting it via the store so you can do a device xferr wpth DM. It sends all data including 3rd party apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 10:45 PM
    I had an issue somewhat similar on my storm. I went to the back of a store and lost reception, the phone then tried to connect to the GSM network. Because GSM is locked on other North American networks, the phone freaked out....error messages and no connection etc.

When I went outside the phone had several bars of service, but wouldn't make phone calls or transfer data.

In the end I had to go into the mobile network settings and manually choose the 1XEV network.

To do this go options, mobile network, change network to 1XEV rather than global or automatic. You only need the global or auto settings if travelling overseas or using a GSM network on an unlocked phone.
    04-19-09 05:25 AM
    I encountered this yesterday on a friend's storm. His 9500 was locked into GSM for some reason. I turned the radio on and off and that fixed it.

Not had it on mine yet.
    04-19-09 05:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD