When using my storm at night, I found that the 'green phone' button and the menu button are backlit, but the other two buttons are not. It made using the phone more difficult than it should be at night.

Is this normal?

Thanks in advance for your responses!
    01-07-09 01:15 PM
    On mine all four lights up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 01:39 PM
    All 4 should illuminate and they are on a common membrane with the lights. Sounds like yours is broken.
    01-07-09 01:40 PM
    Mine is the opposite. The green light and menu are NOT backlit. They light up if I touch them. I think something is loose back there. It doesn't make a difference to me though because I can feel where they are and I rarely look at them.

I was going back and forth about exchanging it though. My phone works perfectly so I fear that I'd get a bad one.
    01-07-09 01:43 PM
    if it really bothered you, the new piece with the four keys is around 10 bucks...not sure how bad disassembly is though.
    01-07-09 02:09 PM
    My coworker had the same issue. He returned his and got a new one. I would also.
    01-07-09 02:24 PM
    Wait what? My buttons are not backlit at all...Are you considering the light that leaks around the buttons to be the backlight?
    01-07-09 02:41 PM
    no, there are actually 2? bulbs of some nature that light the green, BB, return, and red buttons up. I'm assuming it's two bulbs since my right side of the green and left of the BB buttons are brighter than the opposite corner. same for the other two.
    01-07-09 02:57 PM
    no, there are actually 2? bulbs of some nature that light the green, BB, return, and red buttons up. I'm assuming it's two bulbs since my right side of the green and left of the BB buttons are brighter than the opposite corner. same for the other two.
    Its not "bulbs". The correct terminology is LED and they are white. its the color of the button that makes it red/green.
    01-07-09 03:01 PM
    It might be one, or the screen itself is lighting them also.
    01-07-09 03:01 PM
    Thank you to all the responders. Now I am debating if I should exchange it and risk getting one that functions worse. Mine seems fine, other than this issue. Any opinions on what I should do?
    01-07-09 03:41 PM
    Wait what? My buttons are not backlit at all...Are you considering the light that leaks around the buttons to be the backlight?
    The backlights are sensitive to ambient light. If it's bright outside they won't come on, if it's dark they will light up. If your phone is leaking light around the buttons but icons on the buttons do not light up, something is wrong.

And to the OP, if it was me I would get another one before your 30 day is up but I'm anal like that.
    01-07-09 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD