I have several contact filters - Composing emails used to find the email address in the lookup irregardless of the filter.

Now seems to only find contacts in my 'personal filter' and not 'business'

Can't figure out why this changed. Doesn't matter if I select all - all filters or a specific one. I see the contacts just fine, but they aren't in the lookup and I have to resort to typing in longhand. Any suggestions?
    02-06-09 11:28 AM
    This is one of my biggest complaints about the Storm (not sure how other BBs work) it takes too many steps and too confusing to get to change filters and setting up groups is mainly for mass SMS. UGH!

Anyhow, to change from one filter to another, Personal/Business:

• Open Contact List
    • Hit BB button
    • Choose FILTER
    • Choose whichever you want

Hope this is helpful.

02-06-09 06:48 PM
    Unfortunately my problem is not changing the filters - but when I go to compose an email it is only finding names (email addresses) in my 'personal' filter - no matter which filter is selected.

It used to find the names from any filter so I wouldn't have to type in the email address. Now it only finds the name from personal - this is especially annoying since I'm using for work and it's the business names that aren't found.

These names look fine when I open up the contact itself - but that is the long way to go about creating an email when you are looking through emails and need to compose one.

Plus - it used to work just fine and find any name in the lookup function when starting to type in the email address.
    02-06-09 09:55 PM
    Sorry my info was of no help. But I'm curious about how to rectify your problem and hope someone can answer it.

Interestingly, when I go to compose an email, I dont even see an option to open a contact list. Now, granted my email on my BB is my personal email, AOL. I don't get that option either when choosing to send a SMS message, but I DO get the contact list to open if I choose MMS.

MMS directly opens my contact list, from which, I do have the option of changing filters.

What's frustrating for me, too, is that not every one of my contacts HAS an email in the contact list. So I have to remember who's email addy I have, who has a cell that can receive text, and who doesn't.

Sigh.

02-07-09 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD