Some of my emails I get when I open them all it says is "message truncated due to size.� any way to fix this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 07:14 AM
    No, that means the email is too big to read on the device. You might be able to read it if you go through the phones browser (like go to gmail.com and read it) but i think that is one of the restrictions on mail. How often do you get messages that big anyways?
    08-07-09 09:51 AM
    Not that often. A friend emailed me three pictures from a party all in seperate emails and it gave me that message in all three.

08-07-09 09:56 AM
    Not that often. A friend emailed me three pictures from a party all in seperate emails and it gave me that message in all three.

how big were the file sizes?
    08-07-09 10:04 AM
    Not sure. Shouldn't have been that big for just a picture tho.

08-07-09 10:30 AM
    Not sure. Shouldn't have been that big for just a picture tho.

Thats weird it shouldnt have said that. I get pictures all the time. Try checking your email account from your browser
    08-07-09 10:33 AM
    This is the bullisht BIS/BES size limitation from RIM's NOC that's causing you this problem. Blackberries were never designed (initially) to handle very big emails because back when they were invented, txt emails is all you had. Now that we're all fancy and bandwidth is no longer an issue for carriers and ISPs, apparently RIM hasn't removed the limitations that were there years ago.... why?... most likely because their infrastructure cannot handle it.

Downloads are limited to 2.9MB and emails truncate as well. Gota love the BB platform.

What good is a "Messaging workhorse" (as they call it) if you cannot read your email in entirety? And Mike L. wants to call Blackberries "a netbook"... OK, last I checked, a netbook doesn't truncate my data transmissions.
    08-07-09 11:26 AM
    This is the bullisht BIS/BES size limitation from RIM's NOC that's causing you this problem. Blackberries were never designed (initially) to handle very big emails because back when they were invented, txt emails is all you had. Now that we're all fancy and bandwidth is no longer an issue for carriers and ISPs, apparently RIM hasn't removed the limitations that were there years ago.... why?... most likely because their infrastructure cannot handle it.

Downloads are limited to 2.9MB and emails truncate as well. Gota love the BB platform.

What good is a "Messaging workhorse" (as they call it) if you cannot read your email in entirety? And Mike L. wants to call Blackberries "a netbook"... OK, last I checked, a netbook doesn't truncate my data transmissions.

Ok you need to calm down. Go sit in the corner for a few minutes
    08-07-09 11:31 AM
    Almost every thread I read, you and another member are arguing lol.. Dont take things so seriously, its just the internet..
    08-07-09 12:39 PM
    Almost every thread I read, you and another member are arguing lol.. Dont take things so seriously, its just the internet..
    I'm passionate about my viewpoints... what can I say.
    08-07-09 12:41 PM
    lol sometimes thats a good thing
    08-07-09 01:13 PM
    Yeah plus Civic at least always has tons of facts to back up her views. I don't really mind a good rant with data to back it up. It's good to get it out of your system
    08-07-09 01:41 PM
    Do you know the BIS size restriction for emails? You mentioned you think downloads are limited to 2.9MB
    10-10-09 10:17 PM
    Overview
    Email messages received using a BlackBerry Internet Service account cannot exceed 8 MB (5 MB for the attachment and 3 MB for the email message), regardless of the size of the mailbox.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Information
    The 8 MB size limit includes overhead created by base64 encoding. After applying base64 encoding, the largest email message that can be sent using a BlackBerry Internet Service account is 5 MB.

When an email message that is larger than 8 MB is sent to an email address that is associated with the BlackBerry Internet Service, the body of the email message will appear as:

Message truncated due to size.

For more information about BlackBerry Internet Service, click here.

For more information about the new features of BlackBerry Internet Service, click here.
    10-20-09 04:50 PM
    Nobody does email as well as we do. Ummkay.

10-20-09 05:57 PM
    The message "truncated due to size" will soon be replaced with a solution suggestion - which will read....
    ...Forward email to someone on an i-phone then ask to borrow it and read your email.
    ...Same will apply to Adobe .pdf's that approach 4mb's in size.

Does anyone think it slightly odd that RIM will be updating it's BIS subsequent to OS7 release....
    ...Instead of PRIOR to it?

What happens to everyone who bought a Blackberry January of this year?
    ...Do they miss the boat on being able to download and view .pdf's?
    07-31-11 02:39 PM

Lol....I see this still pushes your button all these years later. I keep waiting for yo to make them fix it.

08-02-11 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD