My phone refuses to stay at the right time ever!

its pretty annoying. I set it to eastern time. I set it to work with the network, I hit update, I hit save, yet every time I restart it, or sometimes when I dont even touch it, it will be 1 hour behind. I have to manually go into the option folder and click update time.

its annoying!! gahh

anyone else have this problem? I have had it on .75, .76, .83 and .85

I have even tried putting it one hour behind (time zone -4 vs -5), but since it is set to work with the network, it puts me back on eastern
    Last edited by freshgeardude; 12-30-08 at 10:43 PM.
    12-30-08 10:33 PM
    Have you tried setting it to BlackBerry. And(don't mean for it to sound like a dumb question or that you don't know what your doing but...) Are you sure your saving your settings when you set it to network?
    Also, what network are you on?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by CJH315; 12-30-08 at 11:10 PM.
    12-30-08 11:08 PM
    yeah changed you time from blackberry to the network time that should fix it .
    12-30-08 11:10 PM
    yeah changed you time from blackberry to the network time that should fix it .
    yes, I saved it

but even when its set to network, it will still show me 1 hour behind, or blackberry time. sometimes blackberry time strolls a little behind, like a minute, and I can tell like it will show 10:52 but actual time on network is 11:53
    12-30-08 11:14 PM
    bump because this needs to be fixed for me
    Last edited by freshgeardude; 12-31-08 at 12:26 AM.
    12-31-08 12:22 AM
    Two things to check. Do you have the phone set to the correct time zone? One common mistake is selecting Central America time instead of Central Time (US&Canada). Both are GMT-6, but Central America does not observe DST, resulting in a one-hour error.

The second possible source is similar. Are you synching your Storm to a PC that's set to the wrong time zone? If you are, and if you have the sync device time to PC time option selected, then every time you synch to the PC, the PC time will override your Storm settings and give you the wrong time.
    12-31-08 12:32 AM
    Two things to check. Do you have the phone set to the correct time zone? One common mistake is selecting Central America time instead of Central Time (US&Canada). Both are GMT-6, but Central America does not observe DST, resulting in a one-hour error.

The second possible source is similar. Are you synching your Storm to a PC that's set to the wrong time zone? If you are, and if you have the sync device time to PC time option selected, then every time you synch to the PC, the PC time will override your Storm settings and give you the wrong time.

O.o well its set to eastern time, but you just got the problem, its when I plug it in to a computer! the compute wasnt set to " automatically change for DST" so that was it! just fixed it.

thanks a ton! you rule
    12-31-08 12:37 AM
    Glad I could help. If you set the BB time source to Network, there's no need to ever synch the device time to the PC time. You can disable that option in Desktop Manager so the PC won't change your Device's time.
    12-31-08 12:40 AM
    Glad I could help. If you set the BB time source to Network, there's no need to ever synch the device time to the PC time. You can disable that option in Desktop Manager so the PC won't change your Device's time.
    hmm im looking for the setting on DM to disable changing the time, havent found it yet. if you dont mind showing me how, that would be awesome

thanks

Edit: Nvm found it lol
    12-31-08 12:43 AM
    i'm having the same problem, my setup is set to eastern time -5h
    and my storm substract 1h every now and again.
    i have to go back to setup and it resets it's self to proper time without me touching anything, as soon as i enter the setup menu for date and time it adds 1h and i just have to save the setting.
    pretty annoying...
    01-01-09 09:04 PM
    It sounds like you have the same problem discussed in Post #7. Have you checked the suggestions in that post?
    01-01-09 09:16 PM
    It sounds like you have the same problem discussed in Post #7. Have you checked the suggestions in that post?
    i took off the sync time in manager and i also set the storm to network time zone
    well see if it does it again..
    thanks!
    01-02-09 07:01 AM
    And while you're at it, patch your PC because obiously it doesn't have its DST patches if it does that. The time should match between your PC and BB and should not change, even if you have Sync Time as a set option.
    01-02-09 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD