ok so i have a storm with verizon. i was an old alltel customer that got put into verizon, and had a few problems with phones now have the storm which is a verizon phone but i still have my alltel phone plan. my question is why do i still have an alltel PRL instead of a verizon PRL?? my PRL verison is 40055. my signal is going crazy and has been for the past few days, going from 1X to 1Xev to 1XEV all at the same place. it has been most bothersome when trying to use the internet on the phone. half the time it will connect at 1X which is sooooo dannnng sllllllowwwww or it will just not connect at all. this is my second one cause the first would not dial out or recive calls or send/recive texts, but the data worked lol. anybody got any ideas?? is it a network thing or something with my phone, and why is my PRL still on the alltel one??
    09-27-09 08:12 PM
    I would first do a *228 send option 2 to update the PRL (thats if you have already done it. If that doesn't do the trick I would call CS and ask to speak with a tech and see what they can do for you. I assume you already know how to check for a PRL?
    09-27-09 08:26 PM
    I would first do a *228 send option 2 to update the PRL (thats if you have already done it. If that doesn't do the trick I would call CS and ask to speak with a tech and see what they can do for you. I assume you already know how to check for a PRL?

yeah i did the *228 thing a bunch of times. i guess i will just have to call and see if CS can do anything cause it sucks to be in the middle of verizon country and not have the correct PRL!!!!! is there anyway to manually put one in like in the windows mobile stuff??
    09-27-09 09:19 PM
    That's the problem with a merger and having the towers being moved from one carrier to another carrier. I read a post here recently (within the last 3 weeks) where another person had a similar issue. I would put in the "search forums" the words "PRL Update for Alltel" and see if you can hit on the thread. As for the manual, I'm not aware of a way to do this.
    09-27-09 09:37 PM
    A buddy of mine has a Storm on an AllTel plan and has a AllTel PRL. I am on a Verizon plan with a Verizon PRL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 09:41 PM
    Here is the link I mentioned earlier.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/vzw...-right-313738/
    09-27-09 09:46 PM
    Here is the link I mentioned earlier.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/vzw...-right-313738/

thanks dude i will give this a try!!!
    09-27-09 10:19 PM
    I just had a phone replacement and got a prl of 51611 , different from the one I had yesterday.
    10-15-09 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD