I have been debating whether or not to get the storm. I have been following the prices on it , around 50$ for the last couple of weeks. yet when i checked this morning it showed 199$ at amazon?? Just curious as to why it went up so much in such a short time?

Frank
    07-11-09 08:08 AM
    I would have to say that you waited too long. You know the saying, You snooze, you Lose. Besides prices are subject to change at any time.
    07-11-09 08:15 AM
    Well I am not in any big hurry. i just thought it was strange to see that much change. Though i checked a few other places and its still 49. With the Tour coming out i would have thought the storm would go down...
    07-11-09 08:19 AM
    I wouldn't even pay 50 for it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 09:18 AM
    why are you looking on amazon? VZW has is for 149 right now??
    07-11-09 10:07 AM
    i wasnt looking for it specfically but i just saw it on amazon usually its been 49 then i saw it jumped to 199. just seemed odd with the tour coming out next week. wirefly still has it for 49 though... torn, cant make up my mind. i played with the Bold and the Storm, liked both, but really liked the bigger screen in the storm... i am now out of contract with ATT so i am a free man
    07-11-09 10:25 AM
    Storm 2 shd be out in ~2 mos.
    07-11-09 12:56 PM
    The Tour is not Touch Screen. That's why the price will not come down much. Touch is IN. Anyway, don't rely on the prices from other sources than VerizonWireless.com. Especially amazon. Those places give you outrageous contracts beyond Verizon's. Only buy from Verizon corporate stores, not Authroized Dealers; that is if you want to save yourself from hassles down the road.
    07-11-09 01:09 PM
    Storm 2 shd be out in ~2 mos.
    And once that is out, then the 1st Gen Storm will not be in stores at all. Well once they stop shipping and the stores run out in inventory.
    07-11-09 01:10 PM
    True, that's one of the reasons I switched to my BB!!
    07-11-09 01:15 PM
    The Tour is not Touch Screen. That's why the price will not come down much. Touch is IN. Anyway, don't rely on the prices from other sources than VerizonWireless.com. Especially amazon. Those places give you outrageous contracts beyond Verizon's. Only buy from Verizon corporate stores, not Authroized Dealers; that is if you want to save yourself from hassles down the road.
    +1 sick to the Corporate stores and avoid 3rd party 'authorized' retailers. Nobody needs the hassle ESPECIALLY if your not sure which device you want...

I prefer Touch screens myself , not everyone does though. I tried to go back to my Curve while waiting for a replacement phone and kept trying to touch the Curves screen , it was SO frusterating!!
    07-11-09 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD