So I know its been rumored that RIM/VZ will be holding a press conference this week to supposedly make a big announcemet. Do you think they will finally let the cat out of the bag or will this weeks leaks spoil the party? Do you think it will have to do with the storm and its pricing/release details? Opinions please!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-08 07:05 PM
    All signs point to official release date and pricing.
    10-05-08 07:08 PM
    Is it still on the 9th?

10-05-08 07:22 PM
    All signs point to official release date and pricing.
    agreed!!

CB main page speculates wed. 8th press release and thurs 9th event in london.

How To Copy & Paste on the BlackBerry Storm | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by Critta; 10-06-08 at 03:10 PM. Reason: what i didn't change anything?!
    10-05-08 08:16 PM
    agreed!!

CB main page speculates wed. 8th press release and thurs 8th event in london.

How To Copy & Paste on the BlackBerry Storm | CrackBerry.com
    Apparently time stops when the Storm is released...
    10-05-08 09:39 PM
    Who knows, maybe the NDA will be lifted this week and we will get live videos and some reviews of the device!
    10-05-08 09:55 PM
    I hope Crackberry, BGR, HOFO, Engadget all have enough servers to handle the load on Wednesday. Its gonna be CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZY.
    10-05-08 11:08 PM
    I hope Crackberry, BGR, HOFO, Engadget all have enough servers to handle the load on Wednesday. Its gonna be CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZY.
    Yeah really. After yesterday's meltdown over at BGR I wouldn't doubt it.
    10-06-08 07:39 AM
    Yeah really. After yesterday's meltdown over at BGR I wouldn't doubt it.
    I guess that should really say something. If we as bloggers and readers of blogs, are only a small percentage of buyers and BGR site basically was overloaded this weekend, mainly due to this info.....

What is the rest of the world going to think, when this is finally advertised
    10-06-08 07:55 AM
    Apparently time stops when the Storm is released...
    I chuckled at that as well
    10-06-08 12:04 PM
    I guess that should really say something. If we as bloggers and readers of blogs, are only a small percentage of buyers and BGR site basically was overloaded this weekend, mainly due to this info.....

What is the rest of the world going to think, when this is finally advertised
    Yeah that's my fear now. November X will get here, I'll go straight from work to the VZW store and they'll say, "Oh, we sold out of them in the first hour. Come back in January!"

And then, eyes filled with tears and head hung low, I would drag myself home.
    10-06-08 12:36 PM
    Yeah that's my fear now. November X will get here, I'll go straight from work to the VZW store and they'll say, "Oh, we sold out of them in the first hour. Come back in January!"

And then, eyes filled with tears and head hung low, I would drag myself home.
    That's why if I don't order through telesales, I'll go FIRST thing in the morning. There is a VZW store the next block over from my job.
    10-06-08 12:54 PM
    That's why if I don't order through telesales, I'll go FIRST thing in the morning. There is a VZW store the next block over from my job.
    Well I do have ONE sick day left for the remainder of the year...
    10-06-08 01:02 PM
    I'll be ordering from their site. Normally, they apply the rebate immediately too, if there is one for this phone. I think they use the term "online discount," if memory serves. No mail in and wait rebate that way.
    10-06-08 01:14 PM
    I'll be ordering from their site. Normally, they apply the rebate immediately too, if there is one for this phone. I think they use the term "online discount," if memory serves. No mail in and wait rebate that way.
    Ya might wanna be callin a rep over da phone; and get fast delivery 2 day ship. Or you'll be sorry.........................
    10-06-08 01:28 PM
    Ya might wanna be callin a rep over da phone; and get fast delivery 2 day ship. Or you'll be sorry.........................
    Kinda hoping the site lets you order a few days before it's available. That happened with other phones. Normally you get it the next day or 2 days tops. Funny cause at this point it's all speculation. I hope a definitve date is announced soon!
    10-06-08 06:21 PM
    I hope when VZW releases the press release they'll fudge up the 2 yr contract price and make it lower then they really want it. I remember they did that with the Touch. It was supposed to retail for $349.99 but on the first press release they listed it as $249.99. Luckily I saved that press release on my computer and when I went to order it for my uncle I told them that the press release had said $249.99. I faxed the VZW rep on the phone and she honored it. Got the phone for $49.99 after NE2 and the old ADC.
    10-06-08 09:55 PM
    I just want the date for online/phone orders. Wednesday cannot come fast enough.
    10-06-08 09:58 PM
    I am eligible for a work upgrade so these dates cannot come fast enough for me. (Don't have to worry about pricing here. Reread the first line if you don't get why) I can't imagine going from a curve to a full touch is going to be a seemless transition, or the best type of smartphone for work, but I guess that's why they have the 30 day trial period. By the way, someone please tell that rep from the "street" commercial to come to Philadelphia so I can get my hands on one, if only for a few minutes...

10-06-08 11:35 PM
    Does anyone know what time the press conference is scheduled for tomorrow, because I know there is something big on Thursday in London? Will the press conference be held Wednesday in London?
    10-07-08 10:24 AM
    Online is normally free overnight shipping, ordering over the phone is normally free 2 day shipping...
    10-07-08 10:40 AM
    Can't wait for pricing and details

10-07-08 10:41 AM
    what time is the press conference?
    10-07-08 05:03 PM
    when the voyager was released last year in nov.07 there waz preorder date..hope VZW does this also for the storm...

10-07-08 06:13 PM
    Anyone know the details about the London event today, time, etc?
    10-09-08 09:48 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD