Hi

I have a BlackBerry Storm 9500 which I love but just can't get used to the touch screen, so I want to sell it so I can buy the Bold instead.

I need to know what steps I should take to ready the phone for resale so the new owner can get up and running as soon as they have it.

I know I need to release my Pin with O2 and there is an option on their O2email.co.uk site to change device, which seems to suggest I can enter the PIN & IMEI of my new BlackBerry so my mail automatically routes to my new device. If I do this will it mean the Pin is then released from the Storm and no further action is required and therefore the new owner will be able to register the device once they receive it?

Also is there anything else I need to do on the Storm before sale, for instance is there a reset to factory settings option?

Sorry for what will probably seem like dumb questions but this is my first BlackBerry and i've never sold on before.

Many thanks
    03-15-09 02:34 AM
    Hi

I have a BlackBerry Storm 9500 which I love but just can't get used to the touch screen, so I want to sell it so I can buy the Bold instead.

I need to know what steps I should take to ready the phone for resale so the new owner can get up and running as soon as they have it.

I know I need to release my Pin with O2 and there is an option on their O2email.co.uk site to change device, which seems to suggest I can enter the PIN & IMEI of my new BlackBerry so my mail automatically routes to my new device. If I do this will it mean the Pin is then released from the Storm and no further action is required and therefore the new owner will be able to register the device once they receive it?

Also is there anything else I need to do on the Storm before sale, for instance is there a reset to factory settings option?

Sorry for what will probably seem like dumb questions but this is my first BlackBerry and i've never sold on before.

Many thanks
    I'm not sure on the PIN release, but I would (after saving all the info you want to save) wipe the device, and reload your last official OS (.76 I think for the 9500) that will set it up the way it was when you took it out of the box.
    03-15-09 02:56 AM
    Last official firware was 4.7.0.78 you can automatically do this from dm.
    03-15-09 03:02 AM
    I'm not sure on the PIN release, but I would (after saving all the info you want to save) wipe the device, and reload your last official OS (.76 I think for the 9500) that will set it up the way it was when you took it out of the box.
    Thanks for the response

How do i go about doing this?

Thanks
    03-15-09 03:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD