Do the storms come with a pre installed screen protector or did someone have my storm before me?

The screen protector i have on my phone looks pretty legit not the clear plastic sh*t that usaly comes with new cellphones over the screen. I was just wondering if someone had the phone before me because i didnt think they came like that? i bought my storm yesterday at verizon and i noticed it but didnt think twice.
    12-23-08 01:27 PM
    Yes, the protector that comes with the phone is pretty good. At least mine is. I assume it comes like that. Altho mine has a few small bubbles at the corners, it's good enough for me to keep it on.
    12-23-08 01:29 PM
    this is kind of highly debated lol, some say its a OEM screen protector others say its packing/shipping , protection . i took mine off it screwed the the sensitivity too much .
    12-23-08 01:31 PM
    mine has been on there since i opened the box. and has worked flawlessly.
    12-23-08 01:33 PM
    all it is packaging protection,but if you like it keep it on
    12-23-08 01:35 PM
    That screen protector suck compare to the invisible shield made by ZAG...

Is worth the 20.00 at bestbuy
    12-23-08 01:35 PM
    That screen protector suck compare to the invisible shield made by ZAG...

Is worth the 20.00 at bestbuy
    I have a Zag waiting for my Storm. Once the protector that came with is is scratche or what not I will put the Zag on in a heartbeat.
    12-23-08 01:42 PM
    Seriously this has been asked more times on this forum then we have fingers and toes..... Cant you atleast search before asking?

But no the screen protector is just to help protect it in the package. If you feel the texture of it, it is like the cheap fellows screen protectors you could buy at staples.

The Verizon ones are ok, I use them and have had no issues with them. but I like one you can get from Phantom Skinz.
    12-23-08 01:49 PM
    i kept on the oem screen protector for a whiile until i got a pocket pouch. when i slid in the storm, the screen protector got pulled up. i then installed one of the verizon ones and it has been working great.
    12-23-08 01:51 PM
    I kept the original one on for awhile but it picked up scratches like no other. Finally decided to put the Verizon one on and no scratches since.
    12-23-08 01:54 PM
    I still have the original protector on. It had a few air bubbles when I first got it but using a credit card I smoothed them out. I am not very talented at getting those screen protectors on properly so I was happy to see that I could use the one that came with the storm
    12-23-08 02:14 PM
    yeah, the original one is ok, but defiantly pick up a pack from verizon. These are much better.

Make sure you wipe your screen very well first. Then take your time and apply very slowly. These things don't go back on very well. I already wasted one of them. That's $3 down the drain
    12-23-08 02:17 PM
    My phone didn't come with any kind of screen protector..not even for packaging..
    12-23-08 02:18 PM
    Yeah they come with one on it unless someone had mine before i got it. And I got mine on release date!!! lol
    12-23-08 02:20 PM
    Swervin: Look closer. It's not TOO obvious as it is put on rather well, compared to the usual factory protection on other phones.
    If truly nothing is there, than I WOULD wonder if someone had your phone before you.
    12-23-08 02:21 PM
    the one that came on there did last me until i installed the Ghost Armor. Invisible shield is not as clear as Ghost Armor..I previously used Invisbleshield for all my past phones and Ipods and now after seeing the results of ghost armor, will not use invisbleshield again
    12-23-08 02:23 PM
    I am still using the one that came with it. I have the VZW ones to put on when I need to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 02:42 PM
    My NEW replacement will be here tomorrow and I'm just gonna leave the factory one on.
    12-23-08 02:48 PM
    The one on my sisters phone is a thousand times better than the one I bought and put on. You can barely see that there is one. The ******* that put the one on my phone when I first got it was less diligent I guess! :P
    12-23-08 03:15 PM
    The original screen protector does fit on very nicely, but it scratches very easily.

I put on one of the Verizon protectors. I had to cut it to size, and I didn't do a very good job of that. I also introduced too many bubbles.

I remember putting a new protector on my iPod Touch, and it went on very esily, and without any bubbles. So, I'm guessing the quality of the Verizon protectors is not very good. I won't put all the blame on the product though, as I'm sure most of it should be attributed to my poor installation technique.
    12-23-08 04:14 PM
    Mine has been on since i bought it and its worked wonders.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 09:03 PM
    My replacement came with the screen protector. It was on perfect and you wouldnt know it was one but on the top right corner, it started to peel and had a bubble or two. So I left it on until I received my Clarivue screen protector. Now, my screen looks even better and doesnt look like I have anything on at all.
    12-23-08 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD