hi guys,
    i got the storm 9500 from vodafone, when i first unboxed the fone, i noticed it has a film on the front mentioning abt the back & menu buttons, i removed that film completly & it was covering the entire screen, i bought a scratch gaurd for the storm but after reading in this forum i m wondering if there is another screen protector under the protective film i peeled off which was covering the entire screen, so is there another protector under it for the 9500 vodafone storm ?? anyone with a 9500 storm can help me here??
    thanks..
    05-04-09 06:36 AM
    just look at the screen closely, if it's smooth from edge to edge then you got the screen protector off.
    if it's still there you'll see a bit of a step along the edges of the screen where the screen protector begins.
    05-04-09 06:39 AM
    hi guys,
    i got the storm 9500 from vodafone, when i first unboxed the fone, i noticed it has a film on the front mentioning abt the back & menu buttons, i removed that film completly & it was covering the entire screen, i bought a scratch gaurd for the storm but after reading in this forum i m wondering if there is another screen protector under the protective film i peeled off which was covering the entire screen, so is there another protector under it for the 9500 vodafone storm ?? anyone with a 9500 storm can help me here??
    thanks..
    I had my storm from day one on voda, it came the same way u said and I just took of that packaging that you said.

I have no addional screen protector and keep it naked in me pocket.
    My storm has no scratches on the screen. The screen is pretty hard. If u look on utube one guy
    Goes at it with a knife and has little affect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 06:42 AM
    hi guys,
    thanks..
    Yes there is another film on the actual screen (well there was on the original ones not sure about new storms), once you remove the full cover flimsy film with the text on it there's a tougher one on the screen...not a true protector as such but still does the job. As mentioned look really close around the edges & you'll see it if its there. the screen with no film is really smooth & shinny, the film has a bit of a matt look to it so the screen won't look as shiny.

You do actually notice a difference if you remove the voda "protector" & replace with a proper screen protector, a lot more responsive & smooth, easier to clean too.
    Last edited by CGSCOT; 05-04-09 at 07:00 AM.
    05-04-09 06:57 AM
    I left that film on for a few days then it got annoying screen works so much better without it, besides from what i've seen/tried the screen is virtually scratch proof on its own, its the rest of the phone you have to watch out for.
    05-04-09 07:23 AM
    I purchased a Storm from a co worker and it had a scratch on the screen. I thought I would just have to live with it and then I discovered it had the original screen protector. I removed it and cut an PowerSupport AntiGlare on it. It is much more responsive now.
    05-04-09 07:23 AM
    are ur'll guys talking abt the 9500 or 9530? i m from asia & over here we get the 9500 from vodafone, will check my storm closely & report back, thanks for the help guys,
    this is an amazing forum for BBs
    05-04-09 07:43 AM
    I was talking about the 9500, you can get an idea of what people are talking about by looking at what phone they have listed under their Username
    05-04-09 08:10 AM
    i toke a look closely at the screen, i cant notice anything thing on the edges, except a tiny black border around the screen, the edges look fine to me, if there is a screen protector there will be a curve on the edges right??
    thanks..
    05-04-09 08:14 AM
    The screen protector that comes factory included fits the screen perfectly, i only noticed it when it started to lift in one of the corners.
    05-04-09 08:22 AM
    The screen protector that comes factory included fits the screen perfectly, i only noticed it when it started to lift in one of the corners.
    hmmn, well my screen feels smooth & is a fingerprint magnet BIGTIME,
    dunno if i have the screen gaurd on or not
    05-04-09 08:28 AM
    i toke a look closely at the screen, i cant notice anything thing on the edges, except a tiny black border around the screen, the edges look fine to me, if there is a screen protector there will be a curve on the edges right??
    thanks..
    the original screen protector leaves the tiniest bit of the edges uncovered,
    there is no curve, the screen protector is cut to have corners.

sounds to me like your screen is naked.
    05-04-09 08:32 AM
    I still have mine on, its very hard to see, and once you see it, very hard to ignore... I find myself picking at it with my nails
    OCD i suppose.
    But once it's off, Ill leave it naked
    05-04-09 08:48 AM
    I still have mine on, its very hard to see, and once you see it, very hard to ignore... I find myself picking at it with my nails
    OCD i suppose.
    how do u notice it?? wat exactly should i look for?? i bought a screeen protector yesterday dunno if i should put it or not, cant make out if my storm has the protector on
    05-04-09 08:52 AM
    OCD i suppose.
    same problem I had, which is why I ended up removing it.
    05-04-09 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD