Hey all.

I was wondering if anyone has successfully set up OWA email access with an account from usa.net / owa.postoffice.net -- I'm talking about normal BIS here, not BES or an activesync-type program.

It's my understanding the Storm should be able to access email for any (most?) accounts that have Outlook Web Access, again through normal BIS. Either they do something specifically to block access, or I'm making some kind of rookie mistake in setting it up.

I'm on the blackberry.com BIS webpage, I go to Set Up Account, enter email address and "Next" ... "I will provide the settings" ... "This is a work account" ... "Outlook Web Access".

Oddly enough, owa.postoffice.net only gives a "connection could not be established" error message. But, I see in my email settings the Mailbox Server is "MBX10.EXCHPROD.USA.NET" so when I put that in, I get a different error about not being able to validate the account (this is progress, right?).

My username (when I log in through a browser) is my full email address, so I put that in along with my password. I also put my full email address in the email address field, and I've tried my full address as well as just the part before "@" in the mailbox name field... neither of which gives any results.

So sorry for the longwinded post, but hopefully I've given enough information that someone may be able to help me out.
    12-28-08 12:01 AM
    Try adding you email here https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en instead of the phone. It might help. Then just send your service books. Also if you haven't set up an account yet you can do that from you phone. Menu > Setup > Email Settings > BB Button > Create New Account
    12-28-08 12:37 AM
    Thank you for the suggestion, unfortunatly I'm already trying this from the website.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 07:38 AM
    Hi -- I wanted to give this one bump in an attempt for information. I've had a few people PM me asking if I've had any luck so hopefully maybe someone can help us out.
    12-31-08 09:47 AM
    I'm having the same problem. I had email for postoffice.net working, then it just stopped one day. I'm setting up a new gmail account to redirect mail to, but it's still not what I really want happening.
    01-13-09 10:07 AM
    Sorry to bump an old post, but I do have this working now and wanted to post the information for others and future reference.

When setting up an account with postoffice.net, the correct URL to enter on the BIS website is exchange.postoffice.net (which is different from the owa.postoffice.net browser URL).
    02-02-09 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD