Why is it that everytime I connect the bb to my computer it starts up the installation wizard saying New hardware found? I have winxp
    05-05-09 11:04 PM
    where do i get the storm lock for free?
    05-05-09 11:38 PM
    when you have a custom ringtone for a contact and you put the volume to vibrate it vibrates once and then plays the song that you have at regular volume... is there any way to make it so it just stays on vibrate?... it does it on text and on a call.
    05-06-09 12:44 AM
    My application memory keep dropping, so I downloaded quick pull and give it a try, after restarting, the application memory went back up, but, when I hold down the option button on the home screen to show the running applications, the application center icon keep showing up among the icons, and when I choose it, it go back to the home screen or whatever is on, no matter how many time I click it, and when I try opening the application center (the real application center) and go back to home screen and hold down the option button again, now there're two application center icon...

What's happening here??

Please help.....
    05-06-09 05:15 AM
    seems like the terms are too common for search to help, I did try.

I know themes can have a unique background image on the locked screen, but is there a non-theme way to change the background image on the lock screen?
    Unfortunately, no. Only can be done thru a theme. You can always muddle your way through Plasmic 4.7 and make your own .

Does the storm have the feature (like on the curve) where you can type "mypin" and your pin number shows up? I've tried that but it doesn't change. is there another keystroke that does this?

Also, I'm running .141 and want to install the .122 lock file. Where can I find the files that are on my computer from previously installed OS? I know I need to replace the ribbon file or whatever, just need to know where it's located.
    "mypin" works, or should.

What OS on your computer? (XP is slightly different than Vista 32/64)

My application memory keep dropping, so I downloaded quick pull and give it a try, after restarting, the application memory went back up, but, when I hold down the option button on the home screen to show the running applications, the application center icon keep showing up among the icons, and when I choose it, it go back to the home screen or whatever is on, no matter how many time I click it, and when I try opening the application center (the real application center) and go back to home screen and hold down the option button again, now there're two application center icon...

What's happening here??

Please help.....
    Not sure I understand completely, is it running after a quickpull (without actually running it). Application Center is an app that will close when you hold down the Return button (next to the BB button). Plus it can always be closed by pressing the BB button then choose Close.
    05-06-09 06:36 AM
    ok thanks for the input, i'll try and figure it out.
    you can do mypin... just be sure to hit return (enter, spacedown, whatever you call it) and it popped up for me. took me forever to figure out.
    05-06-09 09:12 PM
    How do i remove my phone number from my blackberry storm? (unprogram) I tried ##000000 send but nothing happened...it just said invalid password.
    05-06-09 09:42 PM
    my phone just started going straight to voicemail when i place it in the blackberry leather holster for the storm, but when i have it out it rings fine. I haven't changed any settings, anyone know what the problem might be?
    Idk about holsters & if relevant but: calls go 2 voicemail when red send key pressed.
    05-07-09 01:19 AM
    the storm is my first BB, i love it....but i cant seem to dowload themes onto it, i know im doing it wrong.... can somone tell me the quickest and simplest way to download thems on to my storm.....please !

ps. i know they have whole threads about this.... but theyr using sum funny language, n i aint gotta clu wat theyr talkin abt.....so pls keep it simple !

thanks!
    05-07-09 08:16 AM
    the storm is my first BB, i love it....but i cant seem to dowload themes onto it, i know im doing it wrong.... can somone tell me the quickest and simplest way to download thems on to my storm.....please !

ps. i know they have whole threads about this.... but theyr using sum funny language, n i aint gotta clu wat theyr talkin abt.....so pls keep it simple !

thanks!
    Most themes are OTA, Over The Air. So just go to the page using the BB browser and click the link . Doesn't get any easier. FYI .jad/.jar extensions are OTA. .alx are meant to be installed using DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 08:27 AM
    OK, another BB newbie here.

First, a real stupid question, how do you sign in sites on the net. For example, if I go to a site where there is a log in, I can highlight the sign in area but it will not let me sign in.

Second, any tricks to battery longevity? I have all my settings to their lowest as far as timeouts go, and it seems to drain rather quickly. I rarely am using any browser as I am on a PC all day at work.

Third, is there an easy way to empty my call logs? I recently had an Env and it was real easy but just trying to figure this thing out.

Last, what's the easiest way to store a favorite site on your keypad as a shortcut, like you tube...?

Again, sorry if these are repeat questions but I did a search on this site and found no easy answers.

05-07-09 09:08 AM
    Has Verizon given up on the BlackBerry storm?

05-07-09 09:14 AM
    Has Verizon given up on the BlackBerry storm?

I sure hope not. I am trying to get used to it, I keep telling myself just be patient...
    05-07-09 09:18 AM
    Most themes are OTA, Over The Air. So just go to the page using the BB browser and click the link . Doesn't get any easier. FYI .jad/.jar extensions are OTA. .alx are meant to be installed using DM.

so what if im using my laptop.... and i have downloaded it to my desktop

how do i go about gettin that on my storm ?
    05-07-09 09:22 AM
    Do any of the newer releases unlock GPS for google maps yet?
    05-07-09 09:26 AM
    How do I get rid of the keyboard quickly (when I load up facebook and go to the status page, the keyboard pops up) instead of having to press the bb button and go to hide keyboard?

Place your finger near the top of the keyboad (when it pops up) and slide down quickly.
    05-07-09 10:06 AM
    does anyone else have a problem with the ringers? my phone rings once then they is about a 4 second delay then rings again. so basically only rings twice b4 its a missed call?????
    A number of third party apps are available.

Buzzme is free. Berrybuzz is another option. Ringandvibrate.

The os is set up to have the phone vibrate and then ring. It alternates. If you don't have the vibrate option set, the phone will pause and then ring again.

the other option is to look into a ringtone that has continuous riniging. There are free ringtones at zedge.net
    05-07-09 10:21 AM
    OK, another BB newbie here.

First, a real stupid question, how do you sign in sites on the net. For example, if I go to a site where there is a log in, I can highlight the sign in area but it will not let me sign in.

Second, any tricks to battery longevity? I have all my settings to their lowest as far as timeouts go, and it seems to drain rather quickly. I rarely am using any browser as I am on a PC all day at work.

Third, is there an easy way to empty my call logs? I recently had an Env and it was real easy but just trying to figure this thing out.

Last, what's the easiest way to store a favorite site on your keypad as a shortcut, like you tube...?

Again, sorry if these are repeat questions but I did a search on this site and found no easy answers.

For your site login, you need to click on that area of the screen. Once highlighted, click on the screen. If it doesn't work, try tapping (not clicking) the screen to get it to zoom in. Sometimes the browswer won't recognize an input area on a webpage.

To empty the call logs, go to the messages folder, click on the bb button and then view folder. You can go to the call logs folder and select empty call list.

I'm not sure of a keypad shortcut for youtube.

As far as battery life is concerned, make sure you close programs you're not using. Instead of just hitting the red (end) button and leaving them in the background, make sure you hit the BB button and select close or exit when you're done with an application. That should help with overall batter life.
    05-07-09 10:30 AM
    so what if im using my laptop.... and i have downloaded it to my desktop

how do i go about gettin that on my storm ?
    If it gets downloaded as a jad file, you might have some trouble installing it.

if its downloaded as an alx (i'm not sure if I got that right)...then you can use desktop manager to transfer and install the program to your phone.
    05-07-09 10:34 AM
    Do any of the newer releases unlock GPS for google maps yet?
    mine has been able to use Google maps since i got it about a month ago
    05-07-09 10:36 AM
    I cant seem to get pandora to work for me. i have an unlocked storm that is running with tmobile but i cant get slacker or pandora to work. it all way says " please ensure you have suffecient network coverage" can anyone help me to get some type of quality radio? or fix this problem??
    I'll be honest. I'm using Tmobile and EDGE is not the greatest. The issue with Pandora is when you first start up the program, it tries to connect immediately and needs sufficient data download speed in order to load up. You may have to wait for a while to get it started the first time. After that, it should work just fine.

I've been using pandora and its user layout and options are very simple and straightforward. Overall, its a good program. It is probably a lot better when you're using 3G though!
    05-07-09 10:39 AM
    my son is having issue with his camera. He has an error, "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again." I looked on forums and I deleted caches, battery pulls, and so on. The only apps that are open phone, browser, home, messages. Can some help me please?
    There seems to be an issue with the OS. Try installing the OS again or maybe even a leaked OS.
    05-07-09 10:41 AM
    my phone just started going straight to voicemail when when i place it in the blackberry leather holster for the storm, but when i have it out it rings fine. I haven't changed any settings, anyone know what the problem might be?
    Are you getting emails, text messages, etc when its in the holster?

Maybe its been set up to go into bedside mode when placed in the holster.

You may need to carefully go through your profile settings. Something may have been changed by accident.
    05-07-09 10:43 AM
    When i sit my storm down it often goes to the horizontal full menu. How can I avoid this? I want it to stay on the main screen. Thanks!
    When setting the storm down, place the bottom part of the phone against the surface first and then lay the phone down. That should keep in in the vertical menu...
    05-07-09 10:44 AM
    My led light isn't working when ever it should be. I am running .131 and have done 5 battery pulls.
    any suggestions?

Check your profile settings. Its possible they may have been changed by accident. You will need to go through each individual setting for the LED.
    05-07-09 10:45 AM
2,290 ... 4950515253 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD