It looks like there might be a memory leak with .75. If you get a chance please try this when you go to bed tonight.

1. Do a battery pull and when your device restarts make note of memory free space - options > memory.
    2. let your phone sit over night without use.
    3. In the morning check your memory free space again. Is it lower?

Mine went from 48 down to 35 just sitting overnight. Emails did come in through the night but that was it. Basically I have to start my mornings with a battery pull.

Anyone else have the similar results?

This could be an issue with my device and not the OS. This is why I am asking others to test the issue for me.
    12-08-08 12:25 PM
    It looks like there might be a memory leak with .75. If you get a chance please try this when you go to bed tonight.

1. Do a battery pull and when your device restarts make note of memory free space - options > memory.
    2. let your phone sit over night without use.
    3. In the morning check your memory free space again. Is it lower?

Mine went from 48 down to 35 just sitting overnight. Emails did come in through the night but that was it. Basically I have to start my mornings with a battery pull.

Anyone else have the same results?

This could be an issue with my device and not the OS. This is why I am asking others to test the issue for me.
    Yes there most certainly IS a leak, it was even worse in .65, BUT .76 all but fixes it.
    12-08-08 12:27 PM
    i thought every text or emial you keep/save it use your memory?
    12-08-08 01:02 PM
    Yes there most certainly IS a leak, it was even worse in .65, BUT .76 all but fixes it.
    I don't know about that, I have .76 and mine still suffers from memory leak.
    Even if I don't open up or use any apps. Still needs to be addressed.
    12-08-08 01:32 PM
    I'm running .75 and have 20.6MB of application memory free, 871.3MB of device memory free, and 7.3GB of media card memory free.
    12-08-08 01:37 PM
    20.6 OUCH. Do a batter pull and you should be doing much better.
    12-08-08 01:57 PM
    out of curiousity . . does everyone that is reporting a memory leak also have the application center auto updating?
    Last edited by troutseth; 12-08-08 at 02:00 PM.
    12-08-08 01:58 PM
    20.6 OUCH. Do a batter pull and you should be doing much better.
    Went up to 38.3 MB
    12-08-08 02:03 PM
    yeah i just erase some mms text from my phone it free up some memory...so the app memory is connected with your sms mms and email too i guess?
    12-08-08 02:06 PM
    No - I disabled the auto update and it didn't change anything.
    12-08-08 02:09 PM
    .75 for me and i have 48.7mb app memory free with 867.2mb dev mem free and 4.8gb med card memory free.
    12-08-08 02:20 PM
    Don't flame me even if you put no worth in this...but the last Verizon rep I dealt with suggested a battery pull after each night on the charger for best performance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 02:28 PM
    I don't know about that, I have .76 and mine still suffers from memory leak.
    Even if I don't open up or use any apps. Still needs to be addressed.
    Yes it is not completely gone, but it is significatly better (for me anyways) than .65 or .75, hopefully with .85 will be be completely fixed, althought I think we still are going to need do memory maintence. i.e. clearing memory, deleting old apps, battery pulls (or the software equivelent - I use softreset), etc. .65 bleed memory, .75 put a small bandaid on it, and .76 dressed the wound and wrapped it, but yea it still bleeds a bit.
    12-08-08 02:30 PM
    Don't flame me even if you put no worth in this...but the last Verizon rep I dealt with suggested a battery pull after each night on the charger for best performance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    There are software versions of a battery pull so you don't even have to open up the back. Go a Forum search for OTA Applications. I do a "softrest" pretty much every morning, and then as and IF needed during the day.
    12-08-08 02:33 PM
    I am not one to pay for something that takes me 5 seconds to do but thanks for the info. A lot of people seem to like the app.
    12-08-08 02:49 PM
    i was at 21.2 went up to 39.9 after a pull...also i noticed my battery was 85% before the pull, 80% after. Does a full restart actually use 5%? That would be a bit ridiculous.
    12-08-08 02:56 PM
    I am not one to pay for something that takes me 5 seconds to do but thanks for the info. A lot of people seem to like the app.
    Softreset is a free app and it works wonderfully. They also have a free Auto Lock app if you're interested.
    12-08-08 02:56 PM
    ahh.. nice. I just saw some paid aps around so figured that was what you were talking about. My bad.
    12-08-08 02:59 PM
    I was as low as 15.8 yesterday, then I did a battery pull and I went all the way up to 40 something. Very annoying since when I was down at 15 everything was taking forever to load, like opening up sms messages. I'm only on .75 and its already back down to 33 something
    12-08-08 03:08 PM
    Unfortunately Ive had to do this since release. 19.xxMBs-->40.6mb's everyday.
    12-08-08 03:37 PM
    What do you gain by doing this exactly? (pulling the battery every night)
    12-08-08 03:41 PM
    I just checked mine and I was at 8.7mb free for app memory. That sucks! No wonder sometimes when I go to just unlock it it comes up with the square loading icon and seriously takes like 15 second before it fully unlocks to where I can use it. Extremely annoying.

Does this a lot to me when I'm using the browser and then it locks up even more..around a minute or two where I can't do anything until the loading icon goes away.

All I have installed in facebook and vznavigator.

EDIT: Just did a battery pull...right after it restarted I went right to check the memory and it was @ 21mb why is mine so low compared to everyone elses?
    Last edited by damstr; 12-08-08 at 04:09 PM.
    12-08-08 03:49 PM
    What do you gain by doing this exactly? (pulling the battery every night)
    I meant for the post to be a way for people to confirm that there was a memory leak and the instructions just cleared your device to see if there was a memory leak. BUT, it appears most can confirm the leak without doing the test so you can disregard the OP unless you want to test your device.

Hope that makes sense
    12-08-08 04:06 PM
    Just did a battery pull...right after it restarted I went right to check the memory and it was @ 21mb why is mine so low compared to everyone elses?
    I am not clear on why this happens either. I can do a pull and it will be at 49 but sometimes I do a pull and it is at 43. You can try doing a few in a row but I think you would chance hosing the OS. Maybe someone who knows more about the way the OS works could explain why this happens.
    12-08-08 04:08 PM
    EDIT: Just did a battery pull...right after it restarted I went right to check the memory and it was @ 21mb why is mine so low compared to everyone elses?
    Did you update OTA?

If so delete your downgrade data under "Wireless Upgrade" it will free 20MB.
    12-08-08 04:12 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD