I currently own a certified preowned Curve 8530, funds are tight and was thinking about going with a Storm 9530 cause its in my price range. Question is, i read a lot about app memory being an issue. I don't know how detailed of an answer I can get, but I mainly use my current BB for browsing, slacker, and weather bug.

Is it gonna be a problem with memory when I use that few of apps?
    08-16-10 09:26 PM
    Well the storm 9530 is a great phone and has a lot of application memory just not as much ram which is a downer and if you are only using it for those few things you will be fine. The more you put on if it is in use or not it still slows the phone down, so with two real apps you will love the storm and be able to use it to its full potential.
    Last edited by BiG BaLLA 923; 08-16-10 at 09:32 PM.
    08-16-10 09:29 PM
    Agree with BB923. I've owned my original Storm since day 1. With a bit of patience, tweaking and studying these boards you can have a fantastic phone in the Storm 9530! I just wiped and dl OS .797... phone is better than day 1! Good luck!
    08-17-10 10:03 AM
    I actually like the screen click better on the 9530 than on the 9550. The only reason why i didn't keep either device was because i couldn't feel them vibrate.
    08-17-10 10:08 AM
    I think you'll be happy with it. I also think people around here get obsessed with the amount of free memory they have.

I have over 30 apps on my original 9530 and it operates great. Sometimes my memory gets pretty low. But I don't care about the number. If things are working okay, then great. If I notice a little bit of sugglish operation, I do a battery pull and I'm good for a few days. Free memory seems to get less and less after each battery pull. so about every 1-2 months, I boot up with with about 4-6 MB free memory. At that point I wipe and reinstall the OS and things run great for another 1-2 months.

And because I know how to use it and how to make it work for me I am very efficient with and because of my storm.

If the price is right, go for the Storm. I think it's a great phone. Plan on 2-3 weeks of buyer's remorse while you're getting used to it. Every day after that, you'll love it more and more. If you have any questions on how to make it work as awesome for you as it does for me, feel free to PM me.

Always happy to convert another person to a Storm Devotee.

Keep us posted on your decision.
    08-17-10 10:26 AM
    Many people feel differently, but for me, its easier to type better on the Storm than on a physical keyboard BB.

Memory shouldn't be an issue for those apps, although it is something you would probably want to keep an eye on. Don't use it so I don't know if its still that way, but weatherbug has been cited as a memory leak in the past.
    08-17-10 10:44 AM
    Just get Quickpull so you don't have to do the battery pull. That will keep your memory up to par. No complaints on my Storm1.
    08-17-10 12:25 PM
    Man this sucks, I'm ready to bite on the Storm 9530, but Verizon hasn't had one in stock for days now. I have about 3 weeks left in my 30 day guarantee.
    08-17-10 02:05 PM
    Man this sucks, I'm ready to bite on the Storm 9530, but Verizon hasn't had one in stock for days now. I have about 3 weeks left in my 30 day guarantee.
    I'm pretty sure it's discontinued through vzw directly.

You might get lucky at some authorized resellers, but it's unlikely. Your next bet is craigslist if you deal with the seller in person and confirm that the PIN and the ESN are valid. After that I'd say ebay is your next best bet due to the protection offered through their policies.

There's also the market forum on CB. You may want to check that out.

Beside taht, you may have to look into the 9550 if you want to go brand new direct from vzw
    08-17-10 02:24 PM
    I'm pretty sure it's discontinued through vzw directly.

You might get lucky at some authorized resellers, but it's unlikely. Your next bet is craigslist if you deal with the seller in person and confirm that the PIN and the ESN are valid. After that I'd say ebay is your next best bet due to the protection offered through their policies.

There's also the market forum on CB. You may want to check that out.

Beside taht, you may have to look into the 9550 if you want to go brand new direct from vzw
    Certified Pre-Owned Cell Phones, Smartphones and Devices - Verizon Wireless

It's showing they have it here, its just when I call in is that it's not in stock.
    08-17-10 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD