Whenever I use my storm in the car while charging, the audio sounds scratchy. Do I just have a crappy charger? Anyone else with thos issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Krymz; 05-04-09 at 07:16 PM.
    05-04-09 07:12 PM
    mine wont even let me do both. Its a loud noise til i unplug one or the other
    05-04-09 07:53 PM
    I get a humming noice when plugged into car charger and playing audio through the car stereo. It's not so bad that I can't listen to the music, but it is certainly noticeable. I've tried a couple of different power codes and it didn't seem to make any difference.
    05-04-09 08:58 PM
    The problem is feed back from the vehicles alternator coming through the charger, there is a filter that can be put inline with the wiring of the cigarette lighter but this will require some wiring on your part. this filter can be picket up at most Wal-marts back by the automotive/audio section or other vehicle audio store i.e. circuit city(if any left )or best buy. This is a fairly simple install if you ask around and follow instructions well if not you could pay to have it done. I hope this helps
    05-04-09 09:23 PM
    You have a ground loop between the audio circuit and charging circuit. You need to break it with a ground loop isolator

Another option would be go add additional ground wires to your stereo and 12v outlet to make sure you don't have a poor ground on one of them.
    05-04-09 09:24 PM
    I can charge and play at the sametime. Mine is plugged in via RCA into the alpine cd changer input.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 09:31 PM
    is it possible that the charger is plugged in while a 3.5" aux jack is plugged in also, but the charger doesn't work?

I don't get any of the issues above, but I notice my battery loses power even though its charging, when I'm playing songs or streaming through Slacker.
    07-13-09 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD