View Poll Results: Do you use a screen protector?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nakey all the way!!!

9 23.08%
  • Can't risk it...Must protect.

30 76.92%
    Contemplating on using a screen protector or just going nakey..

What about you guys???
    02-21-09 09:54 PM
    i have had my phone now for two month and I don't see the point of them. the screen is not like ipods. It seems tuff. I plus for the BB if you ask me over the Ipod.
    02-21-09 09:58 PM
    I love my screen protector. Bought it at Best Buy with a gift card and they "installed" it there for free. I would hate to see what the screen looks like after being in my pocket for weeks.
    02-21-09 10:24 PM
    $10.00 for a pack of three from the verizon store $7 and some change if your an account holder . So I would say it's a must and there is no change in the feel of the screen ... im my experience .
    02-21-09 10:48 PM
    i used the VZW protectors on my dare and now my storm. for $7, the protection is WELL worth it... and if its installed properly, you cant even see it.

last week- on THE DAY i got the phone- i was out at a bar. now, im still not really too slick with the phone- but THEN, i REALLY had no idea what i was doing! either way- around 1am, drunk as ****- i figured id send some text messages. well, this chick that works with me walked up, grabbed my phone and tossed it across the floor of the bar.

after calling her many, many- bad, bad names, she went and picked it up. it wasnt until the morning that i realized that there were 3 pretty deep scratches on the screen... deep enough that i could feel them with my fingernail.

was i PISSED! thankfully, there was the protector on there that i peeled off and went right to VZW and bought a 3-pack of protectors and a skin.

they work
    02-21-09 10:54 PM
    i use one knowing that at some point down the road i will sell it.

i've also seen someone chip the side when they dropped in on the ice.
    02-21-09 11:07 PM
    What is the magic way of putting the screen protectors on without getting air bubbles or fingerprints on the underside of the protector
    02-21-09 11:22 PM
    I prefer a protector, not only protects but makes swiping a lot easier. Without a protector of some sort it seems like the screen is "sticky" and your finger...at least mine doesn't slide very smoothly.

Pounder...I found it best to have my wife help with installing the protector, the extra set of hands is helpful. I wasted 2 protectors, turned out AWFUL when doing it myself. Fingerprints, dust, hair...I had it all, it was ugly. Clean and a extra set of hands and it turned out flawless...She aligned the protector, I ran the squeegee.

Wenty
    Last edited by Wenty; 02-21-09 at 11:48 PM.
    02-21-09 11:42 PM
    I use the ghost armor. I love it. It seems to not get as many finger prints and it seems easier to clean oils fron face hands a lot easier. Not sure how durable naked screen is but for the cost of a protector I don't want to test it either. I say get one. Its a small price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 11:49 PM
    $3.99 pack of 3 screen protectors on ebay. cant beat it. first one i messed up, 2nd one went on perfect!!! for the small amount of money i feel its worth it.
    02-22-09 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD