I'm sorry, but I've TWO different devices on my IT's network work with no issues and now, for LOTS of programs, I'm getting this error on my Storm:

The application <insert module here> has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT Policy.

Is this just because the IT group hasn't addressed THIS phone on our network yet or something else? For those in IT who deal with this every day, do they have to add the Storm's "books" or something to allow it to work 100% on the network? I mean, unless there was a worldwide problem that happened with phone apps the day I got my Storm, there shouldn't be an issue. Programs I was using on my 8830 and 8700c are no longer working on my 9530 due to this error message.

I've tried tons of settings for Weatherbug and Opera and with no luck and a couple of other ones, like the Adobe reader one that REALLY should NOT be a problem. What gives?

Running .76, btw. One WEIRD thing is that I got Opera to work ONE time for a few days. Had a weird reboot and no more. Maybe the IT policy picked up on something different and rebooted itself? Not sure.
    12-20-08 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD