hey guys, getting my storm tomorrow and downloading movies from home, but here is my question. There is a website called podtropolis.com and it has movies ripped on there, but I am new to this so I'm not sure what to do with them?? Can someone help me out on what to do with these files? I have been using handbreak for the movies that I have at home but these are different. thanks for the help....
    12-15-08 08:11 PM
    just put them onto the storm via your computer and DM
    12-15-08 08:12 PM
    when I download them on my computer, it downloads really fast and it only downloads 112K. whats up with that?? and what is dm?
    12-15-08 08:25 PM
    when I download them on my computer, it downloads really fast and it only downloads 112K. whats up with that?? and what is dm?
    dm is desktop manager and podtropolis is a torrent site, not really a good topic of conversation to start at CB.

Safest way to get movies on your storm is to rip and encode your own, there are a ton of tutorials around here on that very subject, most using free software..

BTW, a full length encoded movie is anywhere from 200-500m, the reason your podtropolis dl stopped, would probably be because of a firewall or security software on your pc.
    12-15-08 08:31 PM
    yeah, I guess your right. you know of other good places?
    12-15-08 08:32 PM
    torrents FTW!
    12-15-08 08:33 PM
    LOL, sorry, you have to download and install bit torrent first. Bit torrent will allow you to download the content. Right now you are just downloading the link.
    12-15-08 08:53 PM
    LOL, sorry, you have to download and install bit torrent first. Bit torrent will allow you to download the content. Right now you are just downloading the link.

Oh yeah, forgot the whole gotta have a client to dl the torrent.

UTorrent 1.8.1 and Kaspersky or nod32 would be the starting points.
    12-15-08 08:57 PM
    just curious, whats a torrent? (aside from the obvious)

Since its not a good topic of conversation here, just curious why.
    12-15-08 09:02 PM
    Very illegal....it is p2p but a lot faster and safer then programs like limewire. Do a google search for torrents, there are plenty of guides out there.
    12-15-08 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD