When I would plug my Storm into my PC I would get to pop ups asking if I what I wanted Windows to do with the device. In otherwords I could go through what was on the device memory, or Memory Card. It is not doing that now, now it only gives one pop up. If I click on view files, it shows both Device and MC. However, not all the files show up. For the MC only Music and Slacker show up. I'm trying to copy over a movie which I had this problem last night as I wasn't able to locate the video file in which to paste it in. I unplugged and plugged the phone back in a few times and the old way of two seperate pop ups for the drives to come up.

Anyone know what's up with this?

Hmmm it appears it may have something to do with DM. I never had to open DM to get both drives to open up as seperate drive letters in My Computer. However, if I open up DM, then I get both drives showing up in My Computer and I am able to access the folder I need.
    I also noticed that Media Manager for DM is masked off. I don't have the option to use it. I also noticed that a pop up comes up from DM saying there is an Update. When I click on Update, it says there is no internet connection. Uh yeah I do.
    I'm thinking maybe something is up with DM...I'm using 4.7 and haven't had an issue up until now.

Wow...not cool. I'm not getting an error on my Storm saying the memory card installed has errors. Use a utility to scan for problems. I checked for my pictures, movies, music...all gone on my device at the moment. WTH!

Update. Tried using Windows to do a check for errors but nothing happened. I tried to reformat the SD by way of the Storm...kept saying the format fails. I tried a different card and the phone recognizes it fine. Looks like the SD crapped out. Dang it too...I noticed problems finding the drive last night but it worked once I opened DM so I was able to load up another movie. I went to load another this morning and I couldn't get the folder to open to drop the video into it. Bummer...work will be a long day now.
    Last edited by MC524; 04-09-09 at 09:53 AM.
    04-09-09 08:02 AM
    I wanted to bump this up because of my latest update.

Being the type of person I am...I hate to give up until I have frustrated myself to the point where I say F it...I'll get new.

Anyway, I opened Media Sync one more time and it wouldn't notice my SD as above...only my device memory. I still could not get that update for MS to dl. So I decided to delete MS and install it from the Blackberry site. Hoping maybe it would be the latest version with all updates whatever. So after doing this, MS would notice the SD now...and I needed to format it to make it work. So it did format, and appears to be working. I am now transferring the stuff I had on the SD minus anything from my last back up...which sucks. Pics of the kids, a few videos of them being silly.
    Brings me to my next question! Can I use the Backup to just bring back what was on the SD at the time of Backup?

Strange strange issue...I read searches and no one else had this same issue. I mean they had the issue but were able to resolve it by just formatting either on the phone or through windows. I was not able to do that as they were. MS had something to do with this...not sure why or what happened but for sure something was up.

Well, back to square one. I started loading stuff back onto SD and checked to make sure movies showed up. Yup everything there. Loaded a random picture. Checked..hmmm not showing up on the Storm. I plug back in, one of the movies were also missing. I put the movie back on, put a different picture. Unplugged...bingo back to the same alarm. Looks like I'll be visiting Verizon today.
    Last edited by MC524; 04-09-09 at 10:53 AM.
    04-09-09 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD