I used have 148 in my storm, so I download the 167, install in my computer, Delete vendor.xml file, wipe the storm, then run Loader.exe in Apploader, they just show up all Apps I install in my storm before no OS

Then I use desktop manager 5.0, run "Application loader" (internet was disconnect), also just show up all Apps I install in my storm before,no OS if I connect to internet, it will allow me install 148 only

I think this may have to do with DM5.0 maybe it remember my OS version and keep a backup somewhere???

finally I have to do a clean install use my other computer for 167+ desktop manager 5.0, then I can install 167 to Storm from that computer without any problem.

Can someone explain for me what I did wrong?

Many Thanks!
    Last edited by ecgz88; 09-05-09 at 01:03 AM.
    09-04-09 10:17 PM
    Run apploader as administrator.
    09-04-09 10:20 PM
    I think the only thing you did wrong was wiping and that wasn't wrong just unnecessary. I don't know what you think you're looking at but it sounds to me like you just need to proceed with the OS load. it should install .167. Don't worry about the list off alps its just reinstalling them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 10:25 PM
    if I don't wipe phone and install 167 in computer, then run DM5.0, it doesn't even show me option to upgrade from 148 to 167

I think this may have to do with DM5.0 maybe it remember my OS version and keep a backup somewhere.

I think the only thing you did wrong was wiping and that wasn't wrong just unnecessary. I don't know what you think you're looking at but it sounds to me like you just need to proceed with the OS load. it should install .167. Don't worry about the list off alps its just reinstalling them.

09-05-09 12:57 AM
    I have the same issue the os will not load on my phone no matter what I do o have dm50 as well it will load 148 every time but the upgrade os just sits in the shared file laughing at me

09-05-09 04:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD