hi everyone,

something is wrong with my storm. about a year ago i cut off my storm and put it away, it was working perfectly, nothing was wrong with it expect when i

updated it at tht time to the new updated i had to do alot of battery pull.

but after a year and a half i want to hook it up back but, the screen is a kind of cloudy weird color instead of being white..any idea of what is wrong with it? and how can i fix it?

thank you,
    xoxo
    07-23-11 08:37 PM
    It almost looks like water damage. Where did you store it?

Do you have a screen saver on it? Maybe the vinal has dried out and yellowed with bubbles underneath?
    07-23-11 10:09 PM
    water damage?! could that be it? my phone have never ever gotten wet not when it was in use nor when i put it away! i really hope it isn't
    (im going to be scared forever knowing that my phone can get water damage with out getting wet)

screen saver? no i dont think so, it was store in my closet,

thank you,
    xoxo
    07-29-11 09:08 PM
    Try leaving it on for a while and use it and see if that fixes it. It could be the humidity in the closet. If so it should get bavk to normal if used in a dry place for a while. I hope it works out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 09:49 PM
    water damage?! could that be it? my phone have never ever gotten wet not when it was in use nor when i put it away! i really hope it isn't
    (im going to be scared forever knowing that my phone can get water damage with out getting wet)

screen saver? no i dont think so, it was store in my closet,

thank you,
    xoxo
    I did say it looks like water damage, not that it is. Does the part of the country you live in have high humidity? For example, the north east rather than say Arizona. It is possible that moisture got in the phone while it was stored. If it is moisture it is best to keep the battery out until it dries out. You can assist the drying process by placing the phone in dry uncooked rice. It helps to draw the moisture out of the phone.
    Last edited by DJM1947; 07-29-11 at 10:49 PM.
    07-29-11 10:46 PM
    G'day Cindy, I am in Australia and have spent a good deal of time living in Tropical Nth Queensland where the humidity is awful for 8-9 mths of the year. I have seen laptop screens do the same thing when stored in humid areas, and in those cases it is a mildew/mould/microbial growth getting in there with the available moisture. The sad news (if this is what your screen is experiencing) is that you can kill the growth, but the stain will remain. Not what you want to hear I guess, so I hope I am wrong!
    08-02-11 07:42 AM
    Try posting at the following forum, you will likely get more help.

We are going to just continue to stand and watch and wait and see what happens.
    08-02-11 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD