I have done many updates on my Storm and consider myself pretty BlackBerry aware. A few days ago I tried upgrading to .323 and had one **** of a hard time doing so. I did everything short of a miracle but could not get it to be recognized in either DM or the Loader program (yes I erased the vendor.xml file and any traces of older OS'). Then on my last attempt, without doing anything I've already done a hundred times, it worked!!!! (with loader in the AppLoader folder). Now I have downloaded this official version and ITS DOING THE SAME THING!!! It will not show up in DM or Loader to upgrade no matter what I try...and I'm no newbie. Anyone have any idea why it won't be recognized??? My carrier is Telus and I have done a bunch of non-official upgrades with no problems until now. Help!!!
    10-26-09 06:05 AM
    Just happened to me as well, but my son turned off my wifi on the laptop. I'm sure yours is online because your posting but that fixed it for me. Did your try a cpu restart and batt. pull? outside of that i would just keep trying, luck of the draw sometimes. At one point i also wiped my berry using bbsak but then if it doesn't read then your screwed with a nuked berry....but even then "theres a post for that!"
    10-26-09 06:14 AM
    I have done many updates on my Storm and consider myself pretty BlackBerry aware. A few days ago I tried upgrading to .323 and had one **** of a hard time doing so. I did everything short of a miracle but could not get it to be recognized in either DM or the Loader program (yes I erased the vendor.xml file and any traces of older OS'). Then on my last attempt, without doing anything I've already done a hundred times, it worked!!!! (with loader in the AppLoader folder). Now I have downloaded this official version and ITS DOING THE SAME THING!!! It will not show up in DM or Loader to upgrade no matter what I try...and I'm no newbie. Anyone have any idea why it won't be recognized??? My carrier is Telus and I have done a bunch of non-official upgrades with no problems until now. Help!!!
    Are you on Windows Vista, XP,... ?
    32 bit, 64 bit...?
    10-26-09 07:02 AM
    I'm on Windows Vista 32 bit. I've tried everything I can think of.
    10-26-09 03:23 PM
    Figured it out....just had to brick the phone then use BBSAK to install 5.0.......working like a charm!
    10-26-09 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD