Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default PLEASE HELP - "reload software:507"

I was in the process of updating my phone using DM, and in the middle I got this message on the screen of my phone "reload software:507" I tried to pull the battery but when it starts back up it says the same thing. I plug it in and it says not connected on my DM. This sucks... HELP
    CrackBerry User

dude chill out, just go to desktop manager, then go to application loader then try reloading software...and thats it.
    CrackBerry User

Yep, seen that many times on mine. Reload the software. Worst case, you have to us the JL_comader to wipe the Storm. But you should be fine just using desktop manager to reload the BB's OS.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I cant because when i go to DM it says the device is not connected...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    PIN
    305422EE

That error basically means there is no operating system on your phone. Make sure its plugged in and go to the app loader and upgrade the software and it should allow you to upgrade ... even though it doesn't show on the bottom that its connected. Same thing happens on a wipe so your fine.
    Blackberry Curve 3G | (OS 5.0.0.857)
    Motorola Droid | (OS 2.2 Bugless Beast V0.5 - Rooted)
    Follow Me On Twitter
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default I Need Helpppppp

IVE GOT THE SAME PROBLEM jst got my storm using it on tmobile im abt to smash it into a walll its aggrevating me i wad upgrading it n i think the cord moved n diconected nowww all i get on the phone is reload software 507... i tried the upgrade again everything u guys r talking abt BUT when it says searching for device its not reading it its not ffinding it uuurrghhhhhh HELPPP!! PLLLLZZZZ
    CrackBerry Abuser

The same thing happened to me last week. Desktop Manager couldn't detect my phone at all for me to install the OS. I tried everything to no avail. I called Verizon and ended up having to get a replacement phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyBug1383 View Post
    The same thing happened to me last week. Desktop Manager couldn't detect my phone at all for me to install the OS. I tried everything to no avail. I called Verizon and ended up having to get a replacement phone.

You have to start AppLoader manually and click through to load it. DM will not detect the phone automatically and start the reload for you. This is like BB101.
    CrackBerry Newbie

when i try to reload the software it tells me i need to enter a password on my device
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Safety

I never setup a security lock code so when it prompted me for a password I left password blank and that worked for me...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Same problem and BB 101 did not work. It asks for a password. I never even created a password. I leave it blank and that does not work either.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Unhappy poor BB

I recently got a bit of water on my phone. I dried it out and left it for the night, and when i would do the battery pull the led light would come on, then a sign that said reload:software 507. I tried to reinstall it and everything but my DM says there is an error and my BB has no software on it and it cannot establish it.
    WHAT DO I DO?!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,540 Global Posts

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/st...4/"]this guide that I made to install an OS.

If you install the full .230, you don't need to install .230.

Click this, it is the full .230.

You can use this guide to reinstall the OS software. That is a link for 230 and of course you don't have to load that OS if you don't want to.

Last edited by z06mike; 10-15-2009 at 10:20 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

or plug your phone in to your computer, then go to BlackBerry - Update your Device Software and click on the "check for updates" button. then let it do its' thing.

if for some reason it doesnt recognize the device, do this:

take the battery out... plug in phone... go to website and click "check for updates" button... once it starts trying to find the device, put the battery in.

and to LadyBug, you must have gotten a dumb rep who didn't know what to do. I'd say you lucked out, but that's not always the case.
    SEARCH~ LEARN IT, USE IT!

This is a *forum*, not a blog. Post questions and answers, not what you're doing right now... that's what Twitter is for.

"User Error: Please Replace User" should be an actual error message.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have the same problem, bb curve 8350i. I tried to update my software and now I get the reload software 507 error, I tried to use the app loader to update software again but everytime it gets to step 5 of 5 it just sits there for hours then i get an error on the pc, i did this like 4 times, I even tried another pc thinking there was something wrong with the pc end, same problem. any ideas?
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    32FE378F

If you guys are still having trouble, just force the load.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...errors-207364/
    Last edited by graspDESIGN; 01-29-2010 at 02:51 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have the same problem with the Curve 8350i. I've also tried everything from JL_Cmder to the Java Loader and then some. Nothing has worked. I called RIM Support on a conference call with my wireless provider and they told me that the phone needs to be replaced. Since the phone has no OS none of the tools will work since they require you to have an OS already on the device to wipe it or install the OS. What I have noticed is that the OS installed is the wrong one for the phone. Hope this information helps anyone else trying to fix this error message.
    CrackBerry User

i have "unbricked" my curve and my storm a couple times and this last time, I absolutely could not get my storm 9530 to turn back on. I finally gave up and put it in my closet and now a year later, i pulled it back out and decided to cut the charger, connect the pos and neg straight to the terminals on the battery and tape them in place and plug it in to the wall, then plugged a usb cord to my laptop and successfully unbricked my phone! maybe you should try that but be careful.