I have had my storm for about a month, and in the last week my phone has crashed. The application center was deleted, or just not anywhere, along with all device aps except Bb browser. I tried wipeing 3 times and its not going back to the verizon settings. Called verizon multiple time but
    I know more than they do. The catch to this post is: I have no access to my computer because its a work computer which I use for personal use but I am unable to download the desktop software or any software, basically I have no access to a PC. I need an expert, who can tell me how to wirelessly;either wipe my phone back to original verizon/Bb defaults, so I can get all the core applications back (notepad, task,calendar,app center, bb maps etc..)
    All I wanted to do was upgrade the Os (.75). Now I just need the phone back to its factory setting, and then upgrade the .75 os. But that's impossible. Please help me restore my phone to its current OS version(.75) over the air. Already wasted 50 bucks far Bb's tech support for them to tell me to contact Verizon, whose tech support tells me to pull the battery out.

If someone can assist, I would do anything!!!!!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 03:04 PM
    When you said that you did a wipe, did you mean you did a wipe on the phone or a full wipe using an app such as JL_Cmder or CrackMem? If you did the wipe from the phone this will not restore anything back to the phone, it only clears your personal data from the phone. If you think that the core apps for the OS are missing, then you need to reload the OS. But as you already know, you need a computer to do this. I would ask a friend or a coworker if you can use their personal computer to do the restore. If this option isn't available, you can go to a verizon store and have them reload the OS for you.

02-22-09 03:36 PM
    im guessing you just did a wipe of the device, since I doubt you were able to use any computer program because that would involve downloading.

If your phone is not already on .75 then you should be able to go into options> advanced options> then wireless upgrade so that you can do the OTA(over the air) Upgrade.
    02-22-09 03:46 PM
    Chances to reload are very slim if you dont have your own computer. Is that what your saying that you dont have a computer? Or one is not availible to you right now?
    02-22-09 03:52 PM
    So you know, VzW has their own BB tech support team, no need to pay $50.

Do you have a friend with a computer?
    02-22-09 03:52 PM
    Look at the other thread you opened at my post.

BTW, don't post multiple threads about the same thing.
    02-22-09 03:54 PM
    fyi when you do get it fixed for future reference I keep a copy of the desktop software, OS, phone backup, and apps backup on my memory card.
    That way even with no internet access as long as i have access to a computer I'm up and running.
    02-22-09 05:04 PM
    So you know, VzW has their own BB tech support team, no need to pay $50.

Do you have a friend with a computer?

If u read the post you would see that I called verizon and spoke to their blackberry tech supports
    02-22-09 05:36 PM
    [QUOTE=JRSCCivic98;1756523]Look at the other thread you opened at my post.

BTW, don't post multiple threads about the same thing.OTE]

What post r u speaking about. Y can't I post the same thing, even though I didn't. Does it bother you master.
    02-22-09 05:42 PM
    I do have my own computer but is in another state which I can't Access for 1 week. So there is no way to do an ota upgrade of the new Os that was just released??g
    Chances to reload are very slim if you dont have your own computer. Is that what your saying that you dont have a computer? Or one is not availible to you right now?
    02-22-09 05:49 PM
    I do have my own computer but is in another state which I can't Access for 1 week. So there is no way to do an ota upgrade of the new Os that was just released??g
    Verizon has an ota upgrade for .75
    02-22-09 06:12 PM
    What post r u speaking about. Y can't I post the same thing, even though I didn't. Does it bother you master.
    Civic is talking about the following two posts.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/ple...ng-exc-166597/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/ple...please-166598/

One of the policies of the forums is not to multipost the same thing. This seems to be happening unintentionally with some of the server problems in the last few days. But after looking at your posts, they have two different titles, so it was a multipost.

02-22-09 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD