From time to time, my phone will fail to display the name of callers. It is completely random, and I have not been able to identify the problem. Sometimes when my girlfriend calls it will do the normal display with her name followed by the number, while other times it will only show the number. I have called Verizon to get help with the issue - they suggested a battery pull, and reboot. I have done that numerous times, yet the problem keeps reoccuring? Does anyone have any experience with this problem, and is willing to provide some insight? The problem has been occuring since I recieved the phone from verizon. I am running the leaked version of .83, and the problem still exist. Any help would be great.
    12-23-08 09:02 AM
    I think it's an issue on Verizon's side. My wife's phone (not a blackberry) does this as well.
    12-23-08 09:08 AM
    Does she have Verizon as well? If so, her security may be set to have the network decide wether to show her number in caller ID or not. Your phone has this setting as well under phone/general options/restrict my identity.
    12-23-08 09:13 AM

I have called Verizon to get help with the issue - they suggested a battery pull, and reboot.
    This is pretty much Verizon's solution to any problem. This is all they train their reps to do really.

I wish I could offer better advise, but I have not run into this problem at all. The only thing I could suggest is that this could possibly be due to your leaked OS. I know I've heard many mention that the new leaked OS was very buggy.

Did you have this problem prior to the upgrade?
    12-23-08 09:55 AM

Did you have this problem prior to the upgrade?
    Yes, the problem has occurred since I received the phone in the mail.
    12-23-08 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD