I don't know what is going on my blackberry storm. I just go a brand new unlocked blackberry storm this week.

I plugged it on the wall and a red lights appears on my blackberry, but after about 30 minutes the red is gone. So I tried to turn on and it won't. Then I tried to charge it through a USB cable and the same happened the red lights appears for only 30 minutes and then is gone.

I even tried to charged the blackberry without the battery, and still won't turn on.

Do you know why do what is going on? Is the battery dead or something like that?

Please help me!
    08-01-09 06:24 AM
    For me it look like your battery is dead.
    You can get another one for good price on ebay.
    08-01-09 06:26 AM
    keep it plugged in and remember it takes like 5 minutes for a blackberry to turn on so its usually red light for a while then nothing then the screen should turn on. It takes a really long time. be patient and see if you just werent waiting long enough.
    08-01-09 06:45 AM
    Should I charge the Storm for a whole day then hold the power button until it get turn on?
    08-01-09 06:53 AM
    Where did you get the BB? I would try a new battery.

If you got it off ebay or some site like that than you might of bought a defective device.
    08-01-09 07:00 AM
    if its plugged into the wall it should turn on. If its a dead battery 3 hours should be enough if you need to use it during the day then just let it charge all night.
    08-01-09 07:37 AM
    if its plugged into the wall it should turn on. If its a dead battery 3 hours should be enough if you need to use it during the day then just let it charge all night.
    I've been charging my storm about 8 hours and still it won't turn on even with the charge cable connected with the phone. The red light was on about 30 minutes then was gone.

So it is the battery dead? if the battery is dead why the red light shows up when i charged it on the wall?
    08-01-09 11:36 AM
    I've been charging my storm about 8 hours and still it won't turn on even with the charge cable connected with the phone. The red light was on about 30 minutes then was gone.

So it is the battery dead? if the battery is dead why the red light shows up when i charged it on the wall?
    I'm not certain because it's never happened to me but I thought when you get just a red light that meant the phone was bricked.

See if you can negotiate with whomever you bought it from. That's the chance you take when you buy on line. The cheap becomes expensive.

Edit: and it shouldn't take more the 3 hours to charge the battery.
    Last edited by hookbill; 08-01-09 at 11:43 AM.
    08-01-09 11:41 AM
    I'm not certain because it's never happened to me but I thought when you get just a red light that meant the phone was bricked.

See if you can negotiate with whomever you bought it from. That's the chance you take when you buy on line. The cheap becomes expensive.

Edit: and it shouldn't take more the 3 hours to charge the battery.
    I meant dead battery as it doesn't work anymore and I need to replace with a new battery
    08-01-09 11:54 AM
    I charge my blackberry touch and it flashes red then it flashes red again but for a while it stays red then it stops and no red light, nothing so I tryed turning it on but no it wont and then I took the battery out and put it back in but nothing just does the same thing.
    11-06-13 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD