Hi everyone,
    i came here to see if you can help me.

I bought a Blackberry 9530 from ebay. Im in Mexico (Telcel), and i want a mexican carrier to provide me with their BIS Service. But they cant get me into their server. Since The PIN and IMEI of this Blackberry, says that its register to a different carrier. (Verizon, since its the brand carrier of this phone)

How can i remove the PIN from Verizon in order to register to a new account and make it work in Telcel Mexico?

Please Help,
    i dont want to use this amazing Blackberry only to make and recieve calls...

The person that sold me this phone denies helping me, releasing the PIN himself from Verizon.
    06-09-09 09:49 PM
    Did you pay with paypal? I would try to zap the seller. Sounds like foul play.
    06-09-09 10:11 PM
    If data works on the phone, run Email Setup. If it doesn't take you to a login screen, then check to make sure there aren't any email accounts configured. If all accounts are deleted, it should release.

All else fail, call RIM to get it released and hope it's not stolen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 10:27 PM
    Hi everyone,
    i came here to see if you can help me.

I bought a Blackberry 9530 from ebay. Im in Mexico (Telcel), and i want a mexican carrier to provide me with their BIS Service. But they cant get me into their server. Since The PIN and IMEI of this Blackberry, says that its register to a different carrier. (Verizon, since its the brand carrier of this phone)

How can i remove the PIN from Verizon in order to register to a new account and make it work in Telcel Mexico?

Please Help,
    i dont want to use this amazing Blackberry only to make and recieve calls...

The person that sold me this phone denies helping me, releasing the PIN himself from Verizon.

Are you positive the person you bought this from was actually on verizon? Has it already been unlocked and if so maybe it was used on ATT or Tmobile or someone else. If it is Verizon that has the PIN registered just call the customer service and have them release the PIN. If they give you any crap hang up and call back to get someone else. They had no issue when I had to call so that is your best bet. GL.
    06-09-09 10:44 PM
    im pretty sure that this phone wasn't stolen, cause the user erased a lot of his data from the phone before giving it to me. and i also got the box with all the accessories.

btw, i unlocked it to use it on any carrier here on Mexico.

its there any other solution, instead of talking to verizon?
    something i can do here on mexico?
    06-09-09 11:32 PM
    all you would need to do is call rim. the would be able to delete the previous account that is attached to your pin and you will be all set. it is extremely easy to do and should just take a minute.
    06-10-09 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD