I'm trying to put some videos on my Storm, and it seems impossible. I convert the videos with no problem, but my Storm won't stay connected to my PC. I copy the video and paste it to the memory card, but everytime I do it, it starts copying then about 30-40% of the way through but device disconnects and reconnects. I've also tried it using the media manager, but the samething. Is there some sort of limit on the size of the file you can copy?? My movies are about 700-800mb each. I've tried it on 2 computers and they both do the same thing.
    11-29-08 08:11 PM
    I know there is a memory cap on sending stuff via bluetooth, but I doubt theres one when you're connected to the cable. Try uninstalling (completely, select clear user data) and then reinstalling it.
    11-29-08 08:28 PM
    How much space is available on your card? I've copied movies without problems, but it did take a long time with the storm connected. Someone suggested taking out the card and inserting into the computer. Maybe you could try that method.
    11-29-08 08:40 PM
    Use the mass storage method. You just copy and paste from your PC to the Storm's memory card.
    11-29-08 08:42 PM
    how do you enable the mass storage mode? It used to ask me if I wanted to when I launched the media manager, but now it doesn't
    11-29-08 08:49 PM
    Generally speaking . . .if this is happening there is something on your computer that is in conflict with the USB - some process that is polling for a connection. The mass storage should work as it will look like a perm connected drive.
    11-29-08 08:53 PM
    my problem is that it happens on 2 different computers, and only when copying a largee file. I can copy a 100mb tv show with no problem. But once I get to about 500mb it doesn't work, and I have 7gb free on my card.
    11-29-08 09:41 PM
    Hmm mine worked fine but I wasn't copying huge files like 200mb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 11:11 PM
    i figured it out. I had to disable my zune drivers, apparently they both can't be loaded at the same time. Thanks for all the help everyone.
    11-29-08 11:54 PM
    DO yourself a favor. Take out the card and just use a USB reader to copy them directly to the card. Simpler and faster.
    11-29-08 11:54 PM
    This isn't going to help much... I've had no problem transfering large video files to my memory card via USB, to my Bold that is. Unfortunately when I transfered a close to 1-1/2 hour 720mb Xvid file it was to large for playback on the Bold, it would stutter stall and pause. So, what I have had to do is convert them down to a smaller Xvid file size ie: half the size 370mb. I could go smaller but for now that works and the quality is good.

But then again, no problem transferinf via move file or media manager (though media manager I no longer use) all via usb, not bluetooth.

Have you tried another computer?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD