The last phone I had was a Palm Treo and I when I installed the software I had an Icon on the desktop that had all my contacts, calendar and media, etc. It was easy to type the info on the computer and then sync it. So, when I plugged in the Treo and hit one of the bottoms it all synchronized and If I just wanted to plug in Treo it would just charge it.

I was wondering if the Blackberry Storm 9530, that I have does the same thing????? I have installed the software although I had some problems with the Blackberry software so I downloaded it. Should I have the same results as above?????????

Should I go ahead and put the Verizon software in again then download the Blacberry software again? If so, what version for the Storm 9530????????
    01-02-09 10:04 AM
    Did you run the Blackberry disc that came with the phone? It sould be a media manager and a desktop manager 4.7 I believe.
    01-02-09 10:06 AM
    Stick in the CD and run the program. It will install a icon on your computers desktop. What exactly are you trying to do from this point on? Transfer contacts?
    01-02-09 10:11 AM
    Did u run verizon one first? On verizon disk, it gave you 3 choices: what one should I choose:
    1. Install Vcast music w/ Rhapsody
    2. Install VZ Access manager to use wirelss phone as a modem (subscription
    broadband access connect data plan required for wireless internet service)
    3. Only installed USB drivers for blackberry storm 9530

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!
    01-02-09 10:25 AM
    you can go here and download the desktop manager...it gives you step by step instructions on d/l and install....
    then you will be able to use the desktop manager to sync contacts, calender, etc.

Desktop Software

HTH
    01-02-09 10:51 AM
    I want to thank you all for your help!! I know I seem like a moron with this stuff, I just have never used a Blackberry before and would rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks again and look forward to being a part of the forum. I will go and give it a try.
    01-02-09 10:55 AM
    Zeni,
    I followed the link and when connect phones and looking for recognizing the phone it couldn't. It mentioned about getting rid of everything in Com 4 and Com 5, which I have no clue what that is. My only guess could be that of the Palm Desktop stuff I have on computer for Treo.

Any suggestions? What is Com 4 and Com 5??? I went and looked at them under Device Manager and they looked ok.
    01-02-09 12:43 PM
    Zeni,
    I followed the link and when connect phones and looking for recognizing the phone it couldn't. It mentioned about getting rid of everything in Com 4 and Com 5, which I have no clue what that is. My only guess could be that of the Palm Desktop stuff I have on computer for Treo.

Any suggestions? What is Com 4 and Com 5??? I went and looked at them under Device Manager and they looked ok.
    Are you using Outlook? Are all the contacts you need in there. If possible you want to remove palm desktop. I really HATE that program.
    01-02-09 03:22 PM
    I don't use outlook, I use hotmail for email. (they set it up in store and is not working know)

I do still have the Palm Desktop and the programs from it on my computer. I will try to get rid of them and try this again.

I take it that is the recommendation I am getting
    01-02-09 04:32 PM
    Can you post a screenshot of the error you are getting when it tries to recognize your phone?
    01-02-09 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD