So I got the Blackberry Storm from Verizon. When I first got it I down loaded the Facebook application. Everything worked great for a few weeks. One day the notifications just stopped working. I dealt with it for a week or so before doing anything about it. I tried reinstalling the application more then once and it did not work. I brought the phone to the Verizon store where they told me all the settings were correct and to try uninstalling and reinstalling the application using the Blackberry Desktop Manager.

So I download the disk onto my computer and go through the steps to uninstall Facebook. I checked, checked again, then rechecked before deleting Facebook that I was only deleting Facebook. So the program goes through it's steps and the phone reloads. The phone turns on and is completely back to stock. All of my contacts, pictures, music, and movies are gone. This phone is my life support and now I've got nothing.

I called Verizon to express my feelings and they offered some help. One hurtle is this is my only phone so it's hard for them to help me when I'm on the phone. They said that if I plugged the phone into the computer and started messing around with the settings that it would automatically back up my info. I know I didn't back up the info.

Can anyone help me figure out how to at least get my contacts back?

Sorry for the long read!

Thanks!
    05-20-09 07:35 PM
    Did you do a battery pull? I know that's not the answer for everything, but try that first and report back.
    05-20-09 07:37 PM
    Battery pull did not do get my contacts back. Weird thing is I thought everything on the phone was wiped out. But I still have all of my pictures and aps. Facebook still does not work properly after all of this also!

What am I doing wrong?!?
    05-21-09 12:14 PM
    You still have your pictures because they are probably (should be) getting saved to your SD card. I've never used facebook so I can't help solve your current problem, but I can tell you that for the future, you should regularly back up your phone through DM as well as your 3rd party apps. Then, If this ever happens again, or you even loose your phone, it can all be restored to normal in a few minutes.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

Grey
    05-21-09 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD