I have a blackberry 9530, and after a couple of short phone calls the Battery is dead, even after a full charge. At first, I thought I had a dead battery, so I bought a new replacement battery and the same thing is happening. After a 15 minute phone call the battery just dies.

Everything else like texting, BBM and email work fine. But when i am talking on the phone or using google maps, the battery drains.

I have no problems charging the phone either but the battery does not last.

Does anyone know what is going on?

thanks for your help
    09-10-10 04:02 PM
    There are a couple of apps that continue to run if not shut down correctly. Pandora and ScoreMobile are battery hogs if you do not shut down/quit the app. Do you use those apps?
    09-10-10 04:49 PM
    i do use scoremobile, but i always exit the app. Also if i am not calling or recieving any calls then the battery is fine. The problem occurs when the I am talking on the phone.
    09-10-10 04:55 PM
    wipe your device with BBSAK and reinstall os
    09-12-10 04:44 PM
    What is BBSAK? And what is the latest OS for this phone?
    09-12-10 06:56 PM
    alright so i used BBSAK and reloaded OS 5.0.0.328, and the battery still drains after one or two phone calls.

Any help?
    09-20-10 01:16 PM
    new battery my friend...new battery
    09-21-10 08:39 PM
    Hate to ressurect a slightly old topic, but same issue here.

I have the Seido extended battery/case combo (2600 mAh I believe), its about 9-10 months old. But recently I've had a very drastic change in battery drain during phone calls. Literally, a 4-5minute phone call drains 20% battery power. This has only started happening for the last few weeks or so (that I've noticed).

However! Only phone calls do this. Normal useage otherwise it will last 3 days like it always does, as long as I don't make any phone calls. I don't have any new apps installed, and I haven't changed any gps/bluetooth settings in 6 months or more. I've retested after during a full discharge/charge, after using *228, option 2, to update roaming, etc. Nothing seems to help.

Judging from above, an OS reinstall won't help. Any other ideas before I head to Verizon?
    10-21-10 06:53 PM
    Excuse me for breaking into thread, but I have related problem. Bought a cheap phone, a new battery, charged up. Left it overnight. The battery died (by voltmeter). Got another new battery, same thing.
    Now I could understand something draining, but killing the battery??
    What could it be? Wall charger? Charge connector?
    12-31-10 03:06 PM
    Should have said "Bought a BB Storm for cheap price"
    12-31-10 03:07 PM
    Very interesting. I just rec'd a USB for the storm, plugged it into my "Belkin" USB port thingy, nothing. Plugged USB directly into my computer USB port....viola! Started charging.
    I opened Desktop manager, it recognized it, displayed PIN at bottom, is Updating and Restoring. I can't believe it!!
    I had been using a wall charger that came with Storm, evidently it shorted out my two batteries!?@*^%$()&_
    12-31-10 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD