I keep missing calls and text etc because I do not hear it ring or feel it vibrate. I have played with all the settings and have even made mine own and they do work but my phone rings once and vibrates a bunch of times...anyway to make it ring and vibrate simultaneously like on a normal phone?
    11-24-08 12:09 PM
    I keep missing calls and text etc because I do not hear it ring or feel it vibrate. I have played with all the settings and have even made mine own and they do work but my phone rings once and vibrates a bunch of times...anyway to make it ring and vibrate simultaneously like on a normal phone?
    Dude, what profile do you have it set on in sounds? What Ringers are you using? My storm rings so loud I had to actually TURN THE RINGER DOWN! Post how you have your Sounds profile set up so we can see what you are working with.
    11-24-08 12:18 PM
    i tried using the traditional normal and loud profiles but it will vibrate for a while but ring only once
    11-24-08 12:19 PM
    do a custom profile and change the ringer sounds to 10
    11-24-08 12:20 PM
    i tried using the traditional normal and loud profiles but it will vibrate for a while but ring only once
    Plus, unless you buy an application, the BalckBerry can't ring and vibrate at the same time like other phones. It vibrates, then rings.
    11-24-08 12:25 PM
    I had to turn mine down because the sounds would not work on 10. Here is what you do..

With the phone on pull the battery.

Put the battery back in and boot your phone up.

Go into the profile but DO NOT PLAY ANY SOUNDS. Set the volume to 5 on all alerts\rings.

Now you can hit Try and turn the volume up to the loudest level it will play out without cutting out. For me it is 8 but depending on your sound you may be able to get it to 10.
    11-24-08 12:26 PM
    i tried that also but all my sounds come after it vibrates for a couple times....anyway to get it so they go together like on my Voyager?
    11-24-08 12:26 PM
    I would like to know this too. The person above said that you cant do it simultaneously except with an app. In the meantime, I have just turned the vibrate function off except when I want everything to be on vibrate. I find the ringers to be very very loud
    11-24-08 12:29 PM
    i tried that also but all my sounds come after it vibrates for a couple times....anyway to get it so they go together like on my Voyager?
    Anthony...that is not possible unless you buy an application to make them go together. Out of the box OEM, won't do it.
    11-24-08 12:30 PM
    Dude, what profile do you have it set on in sounds? What Ringers are you using? My storm rings so loud I had to actually TURN THE RINGER DOWN! Post how you have your Sounds profile set up so we can see what you are working with.
    I 2nd this, my custom ringer is really really loud, crisp and clear.
    11-24-08 12:30 PM
    I would like to know this too. The person above said that you cant do it simultaneously except with an app. In the meantime, I have just turned the vibrate function off except when I want everything to be on vibrate. I find the ringers to be very very loud
    Sarah, without an third party application, the BlackBerry will vibrate and then ring. It will not ring and vibrate at the same time. I don't know why that is the case, but it has always been like that for every BlackBerry.
    11-24-08 12:31 PM
    ok....i think i got it...i had the vibrations set to 5. i turned it to 2 before it would vibrate 5 times then ring once and after it rang the once it said I missed a call so I turned down the amount of vibrates and that seems to help....any thoughts as to "good" ringers?
    11-24-08 12:37 PM
    ok....i think i got it...i had the vibrations set to 5. i turned it to 2 before it would vibrate 5 times then ring once and after it rang the once it said I missed a call so I turned down the amount of vibrates and that seems to help....any thoughts as to "good" ringers?
    In your ringer list, scroll allllllll the way down to the bottom to where the tunes are. They are very long and LOUD
    11-24-08 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD