boy does that title sound dirty... anyway...

Just FYI, not sure if anyone else said this already but I unlocked my storm a while ago and was playing around with my friend's SIM card.

She has att, and I have verizon. I put her sim into my storm, and could easily switch between the two. by just changing my network from cdma(1xev) to gsm and back, I was able to switch accounts within seconds.

Someone asked if you could have two of those carrier's services with one phone, so the answer is yes. I wasn't able to go too far into testing it, but making/receiving phone calls and making/receiving text messages works fine I was not able to test other features like gps or browsing.

Hope that helps anyone who was wondering. see ya
    04-18-09 03:23 AM
    Awesssoome.
    Does she have a blackberry as well?
    04-18-09 03:58 AM
    When you switch carriers between VZW and ATT you will have to drop the ATT service books for you to get all the features. There is a website that sells dual simcard slot, thats been tested and it works well with previous blackberrys.

Has not been tested with the Storm yet, I believe.
    04-18-09 08:39 AM
    Awesssoome.
    Does she have a blackberry as well?
    nope, her sim card was out of a blackjack2 which is a samsung if i remember correctly
    04-18-09 10:46 AM
    When you switch carriers between VZW and ATT you will have to drop the ATT service books for you to get all the features. There is a website that sells dual simcard slot, thats been tested and it works well with previous blackberrys.

Has not been tested with the Storm yet, I believe.
    what do you mean "drop the att service books"?
    04-18-09 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD