First of all, this is my first post here. I tried searching for this topic, but I didn't see it listed anywhere. If this post belongs in a different forum let me know.

I have issues with the Play/Pause button. I tend to bump it while it is in my pocket, causing random music to start playing. Aside from a general embarassment factor when my pants begin playing music, I'm also a teacher, and I'm concerned that my phone will just start randomly swearing around my students. I bump the button entirely too often for comfort.

I looked through the options for a way to disable the button, but I haven't had any luck yet. Does anyone have some info to guide me?
    02-19-09 07:16 PM
    Are you locking your phone? What version are you running? i had the same problem with it just start playing a moivie while in my pocket. you need to update your OS it fixed my problem
    02-19-09 07:20 PM
    youll have to quit the music application. or maybe a simple use of the stop button might do the trick. i find myself doing the same thing
    02-19-09 07:24 PM
    Are you locking your phone? What version are you running?
    Yeah, it doesn't seem to matter whether I lock the phone or not.

It looks like I'm running 4.7.0.75.

And since I mostly listen to podcasts, I prefer to just leave the application open so its ready to go next time I get in the car.
    02-19-09 07:48 PM
    Known issue when you leave the Now Playing app open. It happens on other BBs as well. You'll need to quit out of it.
    02-19-09 08:19 PM
    Then I suppose a followup question would be...

Is there a way to bookmark a long file, such as a podcast, before closing the program? It seems really backwards to have to try to remember where I left off, and I'm not a fan of the little slider you have to use to fast forward.
    02-20-09 05:28 AM
    You'll need to wait on an OS update to see if it improves your situation. On the new OSs, the screen remains inactive once it dims. This may help your problem. One option you have now is to not leave Now Playing as the active app. Flip back to your home screen after you pause.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 06:35 AM
    Well I'll just keep my fingers crossed for an update then, because the home screen swap didn't work either
    02-20-09 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD