I have unlocked the storm to ATT but now any new pics I have taken with the storm will not set as a homescreen all of the old pics will still set as a homescreen. What am I doing wrong?
    09-25-09 10:20 PM
    From the homescreen, did you go to options-set wallpaper? Or are you running a specific theme that sets the wallpaper? Are the images you're trying to use saved in a different location like your memory card?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 07:21 AM
    I have unlocked the storm to ATT but now any new pics I have taken with the storm will not set as a homescreen all of the old pics will still set as a homescreen. What am I doing wrong?
    I have some pictures on my memory card that were used as my home screen picture but when I did my first up grade it stopped working. I have to go all the way back to .75 to use it. If I use .75 it works fine.

I have no idea why this is.
    09-26-09 07:26 AM
    what I am trying to do is when I take a pic. Then I hit reset as home screen image this works on all the pics I took when the storm was hooked to verizon now it is ATT and all it will do with the new pics is go to a black screen
    09-26-09 08:10 PM
    No problems here, but I am running 4.7.0.151. I can set any image as background. Although if ya dont size it for the screen sometimes it will get distorted a bit, there is a way to resize it to the screen but not sure how at the moment (on the Storm anyway, its easy to do once transfered to PC).

09-26-09 09:10 PM
    I had this problem with my last vz update. I found that if you take pictures in landscape or zoom in on the photo a few times. If I did not do either of these....the home screen would show up blank.

09-26-09 10:21 PM
    I haven't had the problem but some people say that when viewing the picture, hit the bb key and select fit to screen, then set as wallpaper
    09-27-09 05:51 AM
    Stop setting the wallpaper from the Home Screen Options menu. Go into Media Player and go under Pics. Open up a picture you want to set as the wallpaper and while viewing it full screen, hit Menu/Reset Home Screen Wallpaper. And then Hit Menu/Set as Home Screen Wallpaper. Then back all the way out and it should be set.
    09-27-09 10:04 AM
    Stop setting the wallpaper from the Home Screen Options menu. Go into Media Player and go under Pics. Open up a picture you want to set as the wallpaper and while viewing it full screen, hit Menu/Reset Home Screen Wallpaper. And then Hit Menu/Set as Home Screen Wallpaper. Then back all the way out and it should be set.
    I've tried it exactly as you say and certain pictures just won't work. No big deal really, I just don't understand why under .75 of all things they did but as soon as I downloaded my first leak (.103??) it never would after that.
    09-27-09 12:04 PM
    I've tried it exactly as you say and certain pictures just won't work. No big deal really, I just don't understand why under .75 of all things they did but as soon as I downloaded my first leak (.103??) it never would after that.
    Don't know why that is... never had any issues like that. Have you tried starting with a blank security wipe to see if perhaps it's one of your restored settings from your backups possibly causing the issues?
    09-27-09 01:36 PM
    ^^^^

this could cause the issue...

also, sometimes when i drag/drop pix onto my phone and i try to set as a wallpaper it won't work...usually when this happens, when i try to view the image (not the thumbnail, actually selecting the image, clicking it, whatever you wanna call it, and showing it as "full screen", it won't show up)

what i suggest is this:

with your PC, plug your phone in, go to your photos folder on your device, cut and paste all of your pictures onto your desktop. make sure you delete the bbThumbs.dat from your phone. reboot your phone, allow it to scan your memory card and create a new .dat file.

now cut/paste your pix back to your device, and delete the bbThumbs.dat file again...then reboot your phone again.

for some reason if the .dat file isn't overwritten properly when you add/remove/edit/whatever to the media, then it won't "play right" with the phone...it seems a bit redundant, but it seems to work when i have issues.
    09-27-09 02:13 PM
    how did u get a storm to work on at&t
    09-27-09 02:33 PM
    Don't know why that is... never had any issues like that. Have you tried starting with a blank security wipe to see if perhaps it's one of your restored settings from your backups possibly causing the issues?
    No, I've never done that. Could be possible but to be honest I wouldn't do it just because it's not that big of a deal to me. I've bricked my Storm however, does that count as a blank security wipe?
    09-27-09 05:48 PM
    No, I've never done that. Could be possible but to be honest I wouldn't do it just because it's not that big of a deal to me. I've bricked my Storm however, does that count as a blank security wipe?
    No, it doesn't because you're restoring your data afterwards. A Security Wipe doesn't wipe the OS, just your personal data off the phone... that's what matters, not the OS being left behind... as long as the OS isn't the issue here, as some versions did exhibit this perticular issue at one point in the past.
    09-27-09 05:50 PM
    how did u get a storm to work on at&t
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/

For future reference: please do not "hijack" threads. Either start a new thread for your question or use search and enter a key word.

09-27-09 06:03 PM
    why did my response get deleted?
    09-27-09 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD