I have tried uploading pictures to facebook and sending them in mms messages and they always show up upside down. I've noticed other people have had the same problem, but haven't found a solution. Anyone know how to fix this? What should I do?
    12-28-08 07:28 PM
    Hmm...Not having that problem. Did you try pulling the battery? What OS are you using?
    12-28-08 07:32 PM
    I'm using 75. I just got the storm the 26th so I haven't downloaded anything onto it yet. It's also my first blackberry so I'm just learning the ropes for all the applications and downloads.
    12-28-08 07:35 PM
    Try taking the pictures with the phone upside down!
    12-28-08 07:35 PM
    Take your pictures with the top of the phone to your left. When you upload the pics they should be "correct".

Video's are the same way...
    12-28-08 07:42 PM
    I tried pulling the battery and that didn't work. Taking the pictures with the phone upside down could work, but it's kind of a pain. I would rather just figure out how to fix it
    12-28-08 07:43 PM
    If they are oriented properly when you view them in the media player the problem is somewhere else. If not, you rotate them by opening the picture in full screen and then tap, but not click the screen to bring up a toolbar with rotate on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 07:45 PM
    Wow that worked! Thanks so much! I thought I took the picture I was trying to upload before that way too but I guess not. So there's no way to upload the old ones right side up? I'll just have to flip them once they're on my computer. Thanks again!
    12-28-08 07:46 PM
    Take your pictures with the top of the phone to your left. When you upload the pics they should be "correct".

Video's are the same way...
    Exactly correct.

12-28-08 07:47 PM
    Wow that worked! Thanks so much! I thought I took the picture I was trying to upload before that way too but I guess not. So there's no way to upload the old ones right side up? I'll just have to flip them once they're on my computer. Thanks again!
    You can rotate them on the Storm by doing what I said.

12-28-08 07:49 PM
    I rotated it on the storm and tried uploading it "upside down" so it would show up right side up..didn't work. I just rotated it once it was on facebook.
    12-28-08 07:53 PM
    If you take the picture with the hard keys (Green, Menu, Back, Red) on the right then the pictures will turn out the right way. Or you can do like Civic said after the pictures are taken
    12-28-08 07:56 PM
    Yeah its really annoying. I hope it gets fixed soon. I'll take a picture in portrait mode for a reason!
    12-28-08 08:46 PM
    Try taking the pictures with the phone upside down!
    yep, that would be my solution
    12-28-08 10:59 PM
    RIM made it so that you should be taking a picture with the Storm turned in landscape mode with the menu keys on the right and the camera button on top. There's a reason the right convenience key is a two-stage button... so that it behaves more like a digital camera. It's actually kind of cool, you depress lightly to get autofocus to start and then push all the way down to actually take a picture. I actually thought my button was wacked out the first few seconds of trying out the Storm. Until I realized it was a two-stage button built on the purpose of always using it for the camera. That kind of surprised me a little because this is the first BB with a camera that RIM implemented such a button on.
    12-28-08 11:03 PM
    weird yeah mine are all sideways.

i take them in portrait. they look fine. then when i download them to the pc, they all needed to be turned 90 degrees.
    12-28-08 11:05 PM
    I have the same problem

12-28-08 11:12 PM
    The embedded layout will always be in landscape. That is the "natural" layout of a normal point and shoot camera. If you shoot in portrait, it will be 90 degress off and need to be rotated.
    12-28-08 11:13 PM
    The embedded layout will always be in landscape. That is the "natural" layout of a normal point and shoot camera. If you shoot in portrait, it will be 90 degress off and need to be rotated.
    and what if i take them while holing the phone sideways (lanscape) ? will the pictures be upside down then?
    12-28-08 11:56 PM
    and what if i take them while holing the phone sideways (lanscape) ? will the pictures be upside down then?
    No, not if the camera button is on top.
    12-29-08 12:07 AM
    I can hold my phone in all 4 possible ways - the phone still sends the pics upside down. HOWEVER - any pics that i had taken befort the upgrade of the software to version 5.0 send correctly. I even went to a VZ Kisok @ Sangertown Square Mall, New Hartford, NY - took a pic on a display model of the Storm 2, it looked perfect, sent it to my phone - it was upside down. Reversed the phone position of the unit - same story. 4 rotates - 4 USD pics.
    I contacted VZ Wireless and have had 2 replacements of the phone - BOTH were re-furbished. The issue remains - speculations as to the solution. Looking at other postings - the earliest was in May - The problem has existed for a long time and is being ignored. Maybe we should all go to Verizon Wireless Stores and demand that they either: 1) repair the issue 2) upgrade us out of the blackberry line to something else 3) Give us credit on our bills for the lack of proper design useage of out device.
    12-27-09 12:19 PM
    I can hold my phone in all 4 possible ways - the phone still sends the pics upside down. HOWEVER - any pics that i had taken befort the upgrade of the software to version 5.0 send correctly. I even went to a VZ Kisok @ Sangertown Square Mall, New Hartford, NY - took a pic on a display model of the Storm 2, it looked perfect, sent it to my phone - it was upside down. Reversed the phone position of the unit - same story. 4 rotates - 4 USD pics.
    I contacted VZ Wireless and have had 2 replacements of the phone - BOTH were re-furbished. The issue remains - speculations as to the solution. Looking at other postings - the earliest was in May - The problem has existed for a long time and is being ignored. Maybe we should all go to Verizon Wireless Stores and demand that they either: 1) repair the issue 2) upgrade us out of the blackberry line to something else 3) Give us credit on our bills for the lack of proper design useage of out device.
    12-27-09 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD