"From what I have heard"....I have read many posts in these forums and no one has said a year exclusive, not saying you are just throwing a time frame out there, just sayin, "one year" first I hear of that.

I think 2-5 years would be a smarter deal if RIM would accept the deal. There is no debating how much the iPhone has helped AT&T. The Thunder was created from the ground up to be a "true" iPhone killer by using newer technology combined with everything that makes a berry great. But VZW is not just looking at stopping people from leaving for the iPhone but to add 5-10 million new customers from other carriers by making it exclusive for 5 years, and beleive me, those numbers are realistic over 5 years. It is not just about iPhone vs Thunder, it's about AT&T vs Verizon, VZW needs that "statement" phone.
    Hey, not trashing you, but how many phones does VZN have now, that they started carrying 5 years ago?... For that fact, how many phones do they have that was launched just 3 years ago?

A 5 year exclusive contract would not be a good marketing plan in my opinion... Technology isn't that slow and can change over night these days.

Just my 2 cents.
    Dennis
    08-25-08 10:47 PM
    Hey, not trashing you, but how many phones does VZN have now, that they started carrying 5 years ago?... For that fact, how many phones do they have that was launched just 3 years ago?

A 5 year exclusive contract would not be a good marketing plan in my opinion... Technology isn't that slow and can change over night these days.

Just my 2 cents.
    Dennis
    When I say exclusive for 2-5 years I would obviously be talking about the type of deal AT&T has with the iPhone where they get newer models included. I didnt take it like you were trashing me, just misunderstood me...thats all.
    Thanks though.
    08-26-08 01:01 PM
    When I say exclusive for 2-5 years I would obviously be talking about the type of deal AT&T has with the iPhone where they get newer models included. I didnt take it like you were trashing me, just misunderstood me...thats all.
    Thanks though.
    I just want to get my hands on one of these beasts.

Dennis
    08-26-08 05:59 PM
    "On Jun 10, 2008 @ 2:16 pm, The Boy Genius Said:

From my understanding, the Thunder will only have international 900/1800MHz bands with 2100MHz WCDMA band, so�forget about using it in the U.S."

This post explains what I was talking about. The ability to be used in Europe (Canada?, dont know what frequency they use) and not by AT&T and T-Mo. Makes tons of sence if this is the deal VZW has worked out, they will have a worthy "exclusive" phone. I mean the Dare/Pink Curv etc are nice, you know what I mean...

Is the above not accurate anymore??

Dennis
    08-26-08 07:06 PM
    Yep but this model will work on AT&T though. Its going to be great, I can't wait.
    I cannot wait as well. Actually, I cannot wait for all the new BBs that are supposed to be coming out soon.
    08-26-08 07:25 PM

From my understanding, the Thunder will only have international 900/1800MHz bands with 2100MHz WCDMA band, so�forget about using it in the U.S."

This post explains what I was talking about. The ability to be used in Europe (Canada?, dont know what frequency they use) and not by AT&T and T-Mo. Makes tons of sence if this is the deal VZW has worked out, they will have a worthy "exclusive" phone. I mean the Dare/Pink Curv etc are nice, you know what I mean...

Dennis

GAURANTEED WE WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE THUNDER IN THE U.S. AND CANADA... I GAURANTEE THIS.
    08-26-08 07:44 PM

Dennis

As I have said before, do you think RIM would shoot itself in the foot business wise, and only allow this device on 2 carriers?? Honestly? Because from a business standpoint, it doesn't make dollars or cents. I have posted on this GSM subject before. And there are Thunders running on Rogers as we speak.
    08-26-08 07:52 PM
    I agree. I could honestly care less what BG says. I know this device will work on AT&T unlocked. If you don't want to believe then fine. But you now have SB, myself, and a couple others saying it will work on AT&T, so the choice to believe is up to you.

I have confirmed this with 3 RIM exec's over the passed week. Don't think their wrong!!!

Cannot wait to get my hands on this unit!
    08-26-08 07:54 PM
    So, BG is wrong. No way.
    08-26-08 08:01 PM
    So, BG is wrong. No way.

Whatever, he has been wron gbefore... I know for a fact bud..... Device is running on Rogers like Crucial_Xtreme said... Their in Waterloo... How do you think they test these things.....??
    08-26-08 08:19 PM
    Whatever, he has been wron gbefore... I know for a fact bud..... Device is running on Rogers like Crucial_Xtreme said... Their in Waterloo... How do you think they test these things.....??
    Indeed, a bit of sarcasm there my friend. Not really a fan of dear ol' BG.
    08-26-08 08:21 PM
    I cannot wait as well. Actually, I cannot wait for all the new BBs that are supposed to be coming out soon.
    I really do understand the excitement that comes with newer models; but the thread title threw me for a loop. It will be a cold day in h377 before I ever call a cell phone "beloved!" Thats just too bizarre for me.
    08-26-08 08:26 PM
    So, BG is wrong. No way.
    As always ....
    08-26-08 08:32 PM
    I really do understand the excitement that comes with newer models; but the thread title threw me for a loop. It will be a cold day in h377 before I ever call a cell phone "beloved!" Thats just too bizarre for me.
    Yeah, "beloved" is a bit much. I have some "beloved" items in my life; however, no phones fit that bill as of yet.
    08-26-08 08:35 PM
    As I have said before, do you think RIM would shoot itself in the foot business wise, and only allow this device on 2 carriers?? Honestly? Because from a business standpoint, it doesn't make dollars or cents. I have posted on this GSM subject before. And there are Thunders running on Rogers as we speak.
    The confusion continues. I keep hearing that the 3G that ATT has is different from t-mobile's. If that is the case, will the Thunder work on T-Mobile's 3G? Does the Thunder have EDGE? Are these stupid questions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 08:42 PM
    I agree. I could honestly care less what BG says. I know this device will work on AT&T unlocked. If you don't want to believe then fine. But you now have SB, myself, and a couple others saying it will work on AT&T, so the choice to believe is up to you.
    Thanks, but guess you all missed the question I posed to all of you asking if the info I gathers was correct. If you read my two posts about this you will notice I was inquiring and gathering info, asking questions of you. But thanks for coming to to my rescue and guiding my path. I really do appreciate it.

So what does exclusive mean anymore??

Or is the thunder not exclusive then??

Dennis
    08-26-08 08:44 PM
    Im curious how you can be 100% certain that it will work on AT&T? I mean don't get me wrong, it might, but at this point anything could really change :\/
    08-26-08 09:43 PM
    Name one Blackberry that has never ever worked in Canada or the US and has not been made with a GSM version...?

They will never make a GSM version that will not work here that is ridiculous.... SERIOUSLY THINK ABOUT IT.
    08-26-08 11:39 PM
    Name one Blackberry that has never ever worked in Canada or the US and has not been made with a GSM version...?

They will never make a GSM version that will not work here that is ridiculous.... SERIOUSLY THINK ABOUT IT.
    I think it's hilarious that everyone always says "name a blackberry" or "this has never happened before" or some such. There's never been a touchscreen Blackberry billed as an iPhone killer before either. Never assume things based upon previous example when technology and wireless carriers are changing all the time. Assumptions such as that are the refuge of the weak-minded. Don't assume new things can't happen. Besides, it's not like Apple would release their strangle hold on AT&T and let them carry a serious competitive device. That's also most likely why Sprint will get the Touch Diamond first, even though AT&T is the logical choice. It's almost not worth it for RIM to make the Thunder/Storm for T-Mobile as its 3G network is so immature. I do however believe the Thunder/Storm will be hardware quadband capable. Verizon will most likely lock it so you must use CDMA in the U.S. Not sure what will happen with the Vodafone version. It still would debatably have CDMA and therefore roaming would be inexpensive or free for the fellow carrier. There is also the likely chance that there are 2 models, one being CDMA/Europe GSM, HSPA and one being Quadband GSM, Europe HSPA+possible NA HSPA.
    08-26-08 11:49 PM
    You just answered my question and said they would make a quadband version which will work in the USA..... That's all I'm saying is that their GSM version is and will be available in Quadband. So who cares where you gotta purchase it as long as it can work in Canada and the US...
    08-27-08 09:01 AM
    I found this, not sure if it has already been posted. Apologies if it has.

More BlackBerry Thunder details surface image 1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-08 05:30 AM
    Good Day. No big deal (already in the "Its official: Blackberry Storm" thread). I am so hyped about the Thunder/Storm!!
    08-28-08 07:16 AM
    I want this phone now!!
    08-28-08 11:50 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD