When I open my Blackberry media card on my computer to access the 4 folders that were on it, pictures, music, video and documents.....only the music and documents are there now. The pictures and videos are still on the phone as are the folders. Any ideas?

Tom
    11-27-08 02:23 PM
    if you hid them on your storm they will stay hidden on the desktop manager
    11-27-08 02:52 PM
    Yeah try unhiding them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 03:08 PM
    I didn't hide them, unless I did it without knowing. I just took a picture and a quick vid, and i can't find them using my computer. I can see them on my phone. Arrg!
    11-27-08 07:58 PM
    I am also not using desktop manager to view or put files on my card. I open it directly, like when you plug the usb in, it gives you option for what you want to do I use "open to view files". Update: I made 2 more folders, disconnected from the computer, reconnected and they were gone?
    11-27-08 08:55 PM
    I figured it out. If anyone ever has this problem you have to use "mass storage mode" when you plug it into the computer. Thanks to crackberry search!
    11-27-08 09:45 PM
    How do you use mass storage mode? I ran into the same issue...the files aren't gone, but I can't see anything on my computer...crazy stuff.
    11-27-08 09:49 PM
    Go into "options" then to "memory" you will see "auto enable mass storage mode when connected" I changed it to "prompt" instead of "on". The reason for this being...You can't access media on your phone when in mass storage mode, IE you can't open pictures or listen to music while it is plugged in. So if you use "prompt" you can tell it "no" if you are just plugging it in to charge and want to still play with it.

Tom
    11-27-08 10:01 PM
    Thanks...I had this same problem after taking a couple of pictures today. Now I can see them!
    11-27-08 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD