I need some help. I cannot send pics though my phone anymore, not through email, not through MMS... and it's driving me nutz... please help
    08-11-09 08:38 AM
    What do you mean you cant send pics? Does your phone give you an error message of some kind, or does it just refuse to send it?
    08-11-09 08:40 AM
    it just refuses to send it. I can recieve them, but cannot send them... like i just tried sending an MMS to someone who i have sent pics to before and it gives me the ))) symble for a couple of mins then the red "x"
    08-11-09 08:42 AM
    I am assuming you tried doing a battery pull and rebooted the device then tried to send again? If so I would suggest deleting and reacquiring your MMS service books.
    08-11-09 08:45 AM
    I Have Done Numours Bat Pulls And Restarts... How Do I Do The Service Book Thing That You Speak Of?
    08-11-09 09:02 AM
    -Go into OPTIONS,
    -Then into ADVANCED OPTIONS,
    -Then into SERVICE BOOK,
    -Locate "MMS CLIENT [MMS]" and "MMS TRANSPORT (RIM) [WPTCP]"
    -Select those items, click your blackberry menu hard key, then click DELETE.
    -Exit out of those sections, then execute a battery pull. Make sure you keep the phone depowered for around one minute before restarting.

I am guessing this is most likely not your issue since you state that you cant send pics to email either but I think we should try it and see if it helps anyways.

Let me know if it works.
    08-11-09 09:07 AM
    -Go into OPTIONS,
    -Then into ADVANCED OPTIONS,
    -Then into SERVICE BOOK,
    -Locate "MMS CLIENT [MMS]" and "MMS TRANSPORT (RIM) [WPTCP]"
    -Select those items, click your blackberry menu hard key, then click DELETE.
    -Exit out of those sections, then execute a battery pull. Make sure you keep the phone depowered for around one minute before restarting.

I am guessing this is most likely not your issue since you state that you cant send pics to email either but I think we should try it and see if it helps anyways.

Let me know if it works.
    Yes try that first. It could also be an OS (firmware) issue. What version of the OS are you on .75, .148, .151, or something else?
    08-11-09 09:25 AM
    no, that didn't work... got any other ideas...
    08-11-09 09:56 AM
    how do I find out what OS I am running?
    08-11-09 09:57 AM
    Goto OPTIONS
    ABOUT
    should be a line that says 4.7.0.XXX (Platform 4.0.0.XXX). We are looking at the 4.7.0.XXX. Namely what the XXX is
    08-11-09 10:12 AM
    It Says V4.7.0.148
    08-11-09 11:11 AM
    Pandora And Slacker Are Also Running Super Slopw For Some Reason...
    I Think There Is Something Eriousl;y Wrong With My Phone... And I Thand You In Advance For All Of Your Help...
    08-11-09 11:14 AM
    i'm haveing this same problem, and it started Saturday. If I reboot it fixes it for a while but by the next day it will happen again. And to clarify, reboot only fixes so i can send. I haven't been able to recieve a pic since Saturday. I'm running .151 and have been since it's release with no problems till now. I've done all the above and it hasn't fixed anything.

STANGMANPSI...where do you live? Wondering if it's a region thats having a problem? I haven't done anything to my phone like add or delete apps so i'm not sure what could be causing this to happen.

I posted on the Verizon area on this forum with no help there.

Anyone got any ideas?
    08-11-09 12:00 PM
    anybody have FUNAMBOL synch client installed? I had mms issues and removed it and have had no problems since.
    08-11-09 01:13 PM
    I Dont Have Funamobol... Or Converage Issues... How Do I Delete My E-mail Account And Re-install It???... I'll Try That...
    08-11-09 02:25 PM
    Well I found my problem...first off it be good to talk to the wife more often. The Storm is mine but she likes to use it and she added YouMail over the weekend but didn't realize she added the app even though it's not needed. I was in my application folder and noticed it there, knowing that I didn't add it. Deleted it and it did a forced reboot and now is all better.

So for all to know, YouMail app on .151 has issues with MMS sending and retrieval.
    08-11-09 07:03 PM
    Thanks for the help
    08-11-09 07:05 PM
    Still Need Some Help Here... Anyone?
    08-12-09 08:05 AM
    Still Need Some Help Here... Anyone?
    Since 2 others have solved the problem by removing 2 different 3rd Party Apps, maybe YOU too have a misbehaving app. Can you list your installed 3rd Party Apps?
    08-12-09 08:10 AM
    i have Appworld, slacker, pandora, and pacman. I have deleted all of them, could it be that I am running 1.48 and not the 151???
    08-12-09 09:03 AM
    i have Appworld, slacker, pandora, and pacman. I have deleted all of them, could it be that I am running 1.48 and not the 151???
    It's worth a shot, but there have been MMS issues in different leaked OSs, but both 148 & 151 are supposed to not have the issue. Sometimes a reinstall of the OS, or an upgrade of OS, which will wipe the device HAVE been known to fix issues like that. Make sure to check the Storm OS Discussion Sub Forum, and follow the instructions to make a full backup AND 3rd Party Apps backup before you get started.

As a side note version 151 handles memory much better than 148 so it's well worth having. Stay away from the 5.0 leak it's not quite ready for prime time.
    08-12-09 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD