Just read the review on Phonearena......not good. They gave the phone a 5.5 review. I'm starting to really worry about this phone. I am just blinded by the fact that it's a blackberry and that ultimately it will all work out.
    11-25-08 02:47 PM
    If your going to let someone else influence the way you feel about a purchase you made, then I would suggest returning it. After all, if they're not happy with it why should you be?

Sound stupid? It is.
    11-25-08 02:51 PM
    The phone is okay....has issues. I do like it but I'm not sure if I would keep it the way it currently operates...Keeping my fingers crossed that they come out quick with some upgrades. You are correct....at the end of the day I will final decision on the phone, not all of the reviews.
    11-25-08 02:55 PM
    If your going to let someone else influence the way you feel about a purchase you made, then I would suggest returning it. After all, if they're not happy with it why should you be?

Sound stupid? It is.
    I hope you don't give the same feedback on reviews of neurosurgeon...
    11-25-08 02:55 PM
    great response. I was trying to point out that another review was not favorable and all many of us want is a phone that works the way they said it would which in my opinion, right now it does not but I too like many of you will keep the faith that os upgrades will make us happy
    11-25-08 03:00 PM
    Then trade it back in and buy it again in like 6 months when all the software updates are in. I am not getting rid of mine i know that.
    11-25-08 03:02 PM
    Verizon called me this morning asking me how I liked the phone. I told them the gripes with the screen and software...the rep told me December 1st for the update...idk how well that holds water.
    11-25-08 03:04 PM
    I may at the end of the 30 days if there are no upgrades released. I wonder how many others will do the same?
    11-25-08 03:06 PM
    Just read the review on Phonearena......not good. They gave the phone a 5.5 review. I'm starting to really worry about this phone. I am just blinded by the fact that it's a blackberry and that ultimately it will all work out.
    Who give an "S" if it got a bad review... You should make up your own mind and not let someone else do it for you.

Do you like movies that may get a bad review if so.. then there you go...
    11-25-08 03:10 PM
    its Vzw flippn fault for bad review they downgraded the software. If they a positive spin on the storm they need to there Azz in gear and fix it. I just order my Storm if it still wrong ill try the samsung ive seen better reviews on that device then the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 03:12 PM
    As I stated earlier, I will make up my own mind within the 30 day period as to whether I keep the phone or not but it is concerning that the phone is getting bashed all over the place except on this web site and that's because we have all drank the blackberry kool-aid(lol)
    11-25-08 03:14 PM
    As I stated earlier, I will make up my own mind within the 30 day period as to whether I keep the phone or not but it is concerning that the phone is getting bashed all over the place except on this web site and that's because we have all drank the blackberry kool-aid(lol)
    It should get bashed all over the place RIM has a good solid rep and people come to expect quality from them not what's going on currently.

This device has been their worse release yet (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) and the excuse about the OS is just that an excuse. No need to sugar coat it this phone is pretty shi-tty as far as a berry is concerned.

I hope most of you in here do what a lot of others are already doing and returning it. Send a msg to RIM that this build quality is unacceptable. Its getting to be a joke and quite honestly RIM should be embarrased.

11-25-08 03:30 PM
    The Storm has a few issues. Like most new devices do. Remember the Iphone3G?? I don't remember the same blacklash with that device. Also, some peoples devices work just fine with no problems. Others have them. Shouldn't all devices work the same? Yes. Should the Storm have released with a better SW build? Yes. Is the device unusable? No. The majority of the Storms owners aren't BlackBerry enthusiasts and think the device is fine. Some of us have got units that work almost flawlessly. I think some people are going a bit overboard. At the same time, I think some of the criticism is well deserved.
    11-25-08 04:06 PM
    I actually know who wrote that review and he is completely biased. He was hating on the Storm months ago before it even came out.

He literally has said, "this is the worst phone everrrr!!!!11"

He works for Sprint.

I'm sure he'll read this, so HI BRF. TERRIBLE REVIEW.
    11-25-08 04:17 PM
    I actually know who wrote that review and he is completely biased. He was hating on the Storm months ago before it even came out.

He literally has said, "this is the worst phone everrrr!!!!11"

He works for Sprint.

I'm sure he'll read this, so HI BRF. TERRIBLE REVIEW.
    HaHaHaHaHa

U So KeWlZ Yo.

"Props to my homiezzzzzzz!"
    11-25-08 04:22 PM
    I agree with JR98...at the end of the day, RIM needs to step it up
    11-25-08 04:26 PM
    I haven't had a single issue with mine other than my own incompetence

Hope you all figure it out
    I

11-25-08 04:28 PM
    CX, ya gota remember now... it's two phones back to back that have had issues. One wasn't being released (Bold) and now the Storm is unstable. You can't argue that there aren't some issues going on behind the scenes at RIM. Something is up, I've personally seen quality issues with any BB released after the 8100/8800 series came out. I think it's safe to say that about 2 years ago is where they were at their peek prime on consumer devices. They are the ones that moved to consumer from business. One thing to remember is that a business user just wants a phone, doesn't give a isht how it looks as long as it works. Consumers are not like that. We will tear it appart on both looks and function. All I have to say is the 8900 and future 9300 or 9xxx devices need to be prestine to keep BB consumers from developing a bad taste in their mouths. Things are only going to get more competative in the mobile market. That trend has started and it's not going to stop. RIM needs to try harder to bring their A-Game or prepare to stay in the enterprise level of things.... which eventually will taper off as well if they can't improve upon what they have now. Look how long it took them to come up with HTML email support. It's kinda sad.... it's 2009, 1991 called... it wants it's pager back.

Step up RIM!!!!
    on the same dang note. Many people completely OVERLOOK the problems on many of the other devices... so think about that too.

iPhone the day it hit the stores was a disaster people couldn't even USE there phone to CALL someone. HEY DAD IM CALLING FROM A PAY PHONE BECAUSE I PAID 600 bucks for a phone THAT IS NOT WORKING

it took months before the iPhone was stable yet EVERYONE forgets about that.

the bold came out it was not the greatest but look at it now... how long has it really been?

the bold is awesome now.

you gotta remember also when someone has a problem with a device what do they do. ESPECIALLY on this forum. they reach out to the internet to complain.. count up the complaints even if its 2,000 threads here on the forums and a few thousand else were HOW MANY people is that really that are having problems.

Go look at the iPhone support forums for a few hours right on apples site... PAGES and pages of problems but its minimal to how many people are actually having problems with the device.

sorry this wasn't really directed at you civic I just felt like mentioning all this in general
    11-25-08 04:32 PM
    on the same dang note. Many people completely OVERLOOK the problems on many of the other devices... so think about that too.

iPhone the day it hit the stores was a disaster people couldn't even USE there phone to CALL someone. HEY DAD IM CALLING FROM A PAY PHONE BECAUSE I PAID 600 bucks for a phone THAT IS NOT WORKING

it took months before the iPhone was stable yet EVERYONE forgets about that.

the bold came out it was not the greatest but look at it now... how long has it really been?

the bold is awesome now.

you gotta remember also when someone has a problem with a device what do they do. ESPECIALLY on this forum. they reach out to the internet to complain.. count up the complaints even if its 2,000 threads here on the forums and a few thousand else were HOW MANY people is that really that are having problems.

Go look at the iPhone support forums for a few hours right on apples site... PAGES and pages of problems but its minimal to how many people are actually having problems with the device.

sorry this wasn't really directed at you civic I just felt like mentioning all this in general
    Haha what are you smoking?

Everyone HERE was real quick to denounce the iPhone for all its problems.

They Still Do.

So Try Again.

iPhone 3G Launch = Fail

Storm Launch = Fail

Bold Launch = PWNAGE

Apple 1

RIM 2

Who's got more Points in the Failure Department?
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 11-25-08 at 04:45 PM.
    11-25-08 04:42 PM

They Still Do.

So Try Again.

iPhone 3G Launch = Fail

Storm Launch = Fail

Bold Launch = PWNAGE

Apple 1

RIM 2

Oh, ok... well now that I have the official score I see your point. I wasn't getting that before.
    11-25-08 04:49 PM
    Well, that's good, because I was about to be like... "WTF, did I say iPhone in my post?"

The principal behind my post was... the Bold and Storm launches have been botched. Hopefully RIM can recover because currently they are 0-2.
    11-25-08 04:51 PM
    isnt tied at 2.... iphone and iphone 3g rim storm and bold

11-25-08 05:00 PM
    CX, ya gota remember now... it's two phones back to back that have had issues. One wasn't being released (Bold) and now the Storm is unstable. You can't argue that there aren't some issues going on behind the scenes at RIM. Something is up, I've personally seen quality issues with any BB released after the 8100/8800 series came out. I think it's safe to say that about 2 years ago is where they were at their peek prime on consumer devices. They are the ones that moved to consumer from business. One thing to remember is that a business user just wants a phone, doesn't give a isht how it looks as long as it works. Consumers are not like that. We will tear it appart on both looks and function. All I have to say is the 8900 and future 9300 or 9xxx devices need to be prestine to keep BB consumers from developing a bad taste in their mouths. Things are only going to get more competative in the mobile market. That trend has started and it's not going to stop. RIM needs to try harder to bring their A-Game or prepare to stay in the enterprise level of things.... which eventually will taper off as well if they can't improve upon what they have now. Look how long it took them to come up with HTML email support. It's kinda sad.... it's 2009, 1991 called... it wants it's pager back.

Step up RIM!!!!
    About the Bold, the one carrier who truly cares about it's customers, held off on releasing it until it was a stable device. The others rushed it out the door, and that's why it had problems. When it released on AT&T it was alright, so theres no back to back.
    About the Storm, you nit-pick the most minor details, and while that's fine with me, not everyone does so. 90% of Storm customers will not be as skeptical about the device as you. And it's not like the Storm is unusable. I understand some of the units are having problems, but not all are. I still believe it should've shipped with a higher SW build. Whether you want to believe it or not, it's mostly Verizon's fault. They had a time frame they were shipping the device regardless of the condition. So while I see you on here complaining away about RIM, you always give them 100% of the blame. Seriously, you believe it's all them? LOL. Verizon which is a partner with Voda, saw the problems with the 9500, not to mention their own engineers who had to know what problems existed, and still launched the device. So explain to me how this is all on RIM?
    I'm not saying RIM isn't without fault here. But make sure that blame is spread evenly.
    11-25-08 05:00 PM

They Still Do.

So Try Again.

iPhone Launch= Fail

iPhone 3G Launch = Fail

Storm Launch = Fail

Bold Launch = PWNAGE

Apple 2

RIM 2

Fixed I was part of the original iPhone launch and how they flubbed the activation and half the people who bought the phone couldnt even use it for up to a week later.
    11-25-08 05:02 PM
    Fixed I was part of the original iPhone launch and how they flubbed the activation and half the people who bought the phone couldnt even use it for up to a week later.
    Bold = PWNAGE

PWNAGE = 682 Points

So RIMs Still in the Lead

LOLOLOL

Apple = 2

RIM = 683
    11-25-08 05:05 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD