The Screen would not light up, stayed dark. Rebooted several times taking the battery out for several hours, tried 2 different fully charged batteries but to no avail. Everything booted as I could still receive and place calls with voice calling, was getting the red LED blinking light and chimes for emails coming in. Bluetooth headset still worked also.
    Called Tech Support who ended up advising me to take the phone back to the store where they did exchange it since the device was still under warranty. The scary part is that the Store has seen several of these returned for the same reason. I was always careful with my phone, never dropping it, didn't even have 1 scratch on it. Phone lasted almost 6 months. Wondering how long my Replacement will last before this happens again.
    05-27-09 09:57 AM
    same thing happened to me over the weekend..
    went to store and they replaced it no questions asked.

i did ask the tech guy whether it was a known problem for the screens to go out like that and his response was..it happens on all touch screen phones
    05-27-09 10:04 AM
    Not common. Don't worry.
    05-27-09 10:29 AM
    The same thing just happened to me......about to head to the store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-21-09 03:05 PM
    Not the first case, but this is the second time I saw this issue.
    07-21-09 03:10 PM
    Probably angry with you... whisper sweet nothings into the microphone to make her happy.
    07-21-09 05:00 PM
    I bought my phone in US from a friend who wasnt very happy with the storm and I live outside of the US, hence it is impossible for me to return it to a store. My screen has also gone totally black (no light) but the phone works apart from that. I have reloaded software pulled the battery couple times. I havent been able to wipe the phone because the screen wont light up to enable me to navigate to effect that. Does anyone know anything else that might rescue my storm from darkness?
    07-30-09 05:54 AM
    happened to mine too. replaced in store with no hassle
    07-30-09 08:45 AM
    The Screen would not light up, stayed dark. Rebooted several times taking the battery out for several hours, tried 2 different fully charged batteries but to no avail. Everything booted as I could still receive and place calls with voice calling, was getting the red LED blinking light and chimes for emails coming in. Bluetooth headset still worked also.
    Called Tech Support who ended up advising me to take the phone back to the store where they did exchange it since the device was still under warranty. The scary part is that the Store has seen several of these returned for the same reason. I was always careful with my phone, never dropping it, didn't even have 1 scratch on it. Phone lasted almost 6 months. Wondering how long my Replacement will last before this happens again.
    same thing happened to me over the weekend..
    went to store and they replaced it no questions asked.

i did ask the tech guy whether it was a known problem for the screens to go out like that and his response was..it happens on all touch screen phones
    I'm curious...did you two carry your phone around in your pocket or in a holster?
    07-30-09 08:50 AM
    Not really. Maybe once or twice but I had a holster for mine. My screen started to flicker on and off, then after a few days it was off totally much more than it was on. Then the screen would be totally black during the day and light up very dimply only sometimes at night. Now the screen is totally dark, day and night but the phone appears to perform normally otherwise. As I explained returning the phone is not an option for me so i would love to find a hero out there that can advise me on how to solve this problem.
    07-31-09 03:05 PM
    Someone had suggested to wipe th machine and reload the software and data. This is not possible to do on the storm without being able to see the screen. Is there any way to do this procedure from the desktop software. Is there anyone that has had this problem and found a way to fix it?

Doesnt anybody think that there is an element (at least) of fraud in a company selling a product that is so clearly and comprehensively defective?
    08-02-09 10:00 AM
    Doesnt anybody think that there is an element (at least) of fraud in a company selling a product that is so clearly and comprehensively defective?
    No. Go to any forum for any product (like the Cummins forum for Dodge engines) and you'll find page after page of people trying to find solutions to their problems. That's what forums are for. Most people who don't have problems (100's of 1000's, or maybe millions) don't even know there is a forum. Nothing made is completely flawless. Even a company that makes notebook paper will probably have a run now and again where the blue lines are too far apart or too faint...that doesn't mean they are in the fraud business.
    08-02-09 01:18 PM
    That may be true to an extent but when there are systemic and widespread problems with an automobile they recall it etc.

Thats really neither here not there at this point anyway. I think the phone is pretty cool when it is working and would like it working again. Does anyone know a solution other than replacing it?
    08-05-09 12:41 AM
    This same thing happened to me on Friday. I upgraded my phone to the new 5.0 OS on Thursday. Any chance you did the same, and that could be the problem?
    08-05-09 01:28 AM
    If you cant get to store called VZW customer support they wil send u out a new one. it happened to me a few months ago.
    08-05-09 07:32 AM
    Unresponsive and black screens are a known issue with Storm. And if my local VZW store and crackberry are representative, it is far more common than other touchscreen devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 07:41 AM
    This happened to me. Most people will say warranty or insurance but that wasn't an option for me, so I purchased a screen from here and installed it myself. Easy and it works great again! sorry i tried something and it didnt work. cellular nationwide network sells screens
    Last edited by thuggdogg2; 08-17-09 at 08:42 PM. Reason: couldnt post link
    08-17-09 08:38 PM
    Not really. Maybe once or twice but I had a holster for mine. My screen started to flicker on and off, then after a few days it was off totally much more than it was on. Then the screen would be totally black during the day and light up very dimply only sometimes at night. Now the screen is totally dark, day and night but the phone appears to perform normally otherwise. As I explained returning the phone is not an option for me so i would love to find a hero out there that can advise me on how to solve this problem.
    cellular nationwide network cnn.cn
    08-17-09 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD